PDA

View Full Version : Does Excel Kill Riccia?

Erk
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
I have a lil bit of riccia left...its not been doing so well in my tank, since Ive purchased it :( I read on another forum that seachem excel kills riccia...has anyone experienced this??

Im trying very hard to get my plants to grow, and so far no luck :(

Im going to mess with my DiY pvc reactor this weekend, and see if I can mount it vertically somehow, and see if that helps

Ive been dosing dry ferts, but all I really feel Im doing is raising my levels of ferts....the plants dont seem to be using them properly

Thanks very much!

Proteus
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
The only way Excel will have a negative effect on Riccia is if you overdose by a large amount.

At the end of the day Excel is a liquified carbon (C02 replacement) so in fact your Riccia should benefit by it being used.

What are you using for lights above the Riccia?

pringle
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 11:56 PM
I've used Excel for growing Riccia Erk. It really helps with the growth of the riccia. The riccia grew like mad.

The lighting I used was about 1.5W/L.

If you have sufficient lighting, maybe you could try using those branded ferts for a while to see if your dry ferts are correctly dosed, as they are way easier to use.

Erk
Sat Jul 14, 2007, 01:30 AM
What are you using for lights above the Riccia?

I have been playing with this for a lil bit lately, and currently I have the one 6700K Bulb on for 10 hours, and for two hours a day at midday I have the 10000K bulb come on

I used to use both bulbs for 10 hours a day, and that didnt seem to do much

I started dosing ferts with the seachem line, and since moved on to these dry ferts.

Thanks for your help