PDA

View Full Version : Dickson Gold

ivo
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 02:28 AM
hi all, has anyone come across with a strain of discus called "Dickson gold:? I tried to google it but no luck. Has anyone seen it before? Are they nice? Thanks.

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 02:54 AM
Ivo, I've heard of it, and I believe it's a yellow based fish, but unfortunately never seen one.

There are a few members on here familiar with some of the newer strains. Hopefully one of them will have a pic for you.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Jul 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
Dickson Gold were around about 3 years ago and since then I haven't seen any at all. They are a yellow based fish and from what I've been told only bred by one Asian breeder, can't remember his name, who has now moved on to different strains. The last of the breeding stock was bought by a guy on the Gold Coast and the last time I heard he was having trouble breeding them, probably why we haven't seen any.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Tue Jul 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
I think Dick Au was the breeder of Dickson Gold.
MAC

Dkarc
Tue Jul 17, 2007, 06:26 PM
Dickson Gold is still being bred by the original breeder in Penang, Dickson Lim. Still readily available if you know where to go. Not terribly expensive, but reasonable at around $20-$25 USD at 2.5-3" wholesale.

-Ryan

dizkuz
Tue Jul 17, 2007, 09:14 PM
I have some "Dickson golden" but in albino form :D

This is from Dickson lim and are golden from the brown mution but albino So the color is not the same i guess! but i may give you a peak of one of them.

RGD Dizkuz

GreenDiscus
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 AM
Hi IVO
I purchsed the attached two discus (now a pair) ex Penang as DicksonYellows in Brisbane a year or so ago.
Cheers Mike

scott bowler
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 01:11 AM
i got one too not my fav fish ut i have had it a while .its a female and love to lay eggs all the time .

ivo
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 02:55 AM
Thank you. I think i much rather the albino dickson!! I was told that they are yellow base with clear tail and fins, and clean. They will arrive soon so i will check them out in person before i make up my mind.

Stevepet23
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 03:55 AM
i got one too not my fav fish ut i have had it a while .its a female and love to lay eggs all the time .

Not ur favourite? I would love to see you favourite fish. I think your one is beautiful.

Steve

Stevepet23
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 03:56 AM
I like those yellow ones too!!

scott bowler
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 04:06 AM
hehe thanks steve
i hav e so many fish i dont know witch one is my fav hehe

GreenDiscus
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 04:25 AM
The Yellow Female Dickson only has those grubby edges like that when breeding of course. The male has now gone much more golden as he gets older. Babies are unfortunately pretty variable but a few are pretty good for the next generation......