PDA

View Full Version : lady red's beefheart recipe

gypsy3
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 01:54 AM
hi all...just thought i'd comment on this recipe...i made some up yesterday, should last about a 1000 years i reckon...the fish absolutely love it....and the dog put on 10 kilos from the scraps! :)

scott bowler
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 07:25 AM
hehe yes gypsy3 it is one of the best recipe for beef heart you will find .Merrilyn knows her stuff she is the best

TW
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
i made some up yesterday, should last about a 1,000 years i reckon Did the same a week ago. I halved the recipe & even so, I have so much that I'm sure it will go off in the freezer before I can use even half of it. It took a day or so, but they all love it now.

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 02:49 AM
Hahaha you guys are the greatest.

But yeah, it's good stuff. Great for putting condition on skinny fish and seems to keep them healthy too. I feed that daily along with some good quality flake food (Breeder's Blend), and some frozen bloodworms as an additional treat once a week.

TW
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 07:13 AM
I don't have any flake - but I can't get them to eat Spectrum or brine shrimp. They like mystis shrimp, bloodworm and now they love this beef heart mix.

Merrilyn - do you see any issue with apisto eating this mix. I have a pair in the tank & they love it too. If there are no health issues with apistos eating beef heart, I'd like to offer some to my apistos in a separate tank.

Would this be ok for them?

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 07:42 AM
I've been feeding it to my apisto's for the last 6 months with no problems. They grow well, hold colour and spawn regularly.