PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Bluey

sammigold
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 12:40 AM
Well yesterday our little runt boy bluey left this world.

we have been trying to encourage growth for quite a while but I dont think his time in the water (I'd say on this earth but it doesnt make sense as fish live in water) was meant to be.

so cheers to bluey and hope you have a great after life!

Bill T
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 06:07 AM
Poor sad bluey.
Bluey did die.
We don't know why, but
Now he lives in the sky.

jbickel
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 10:36 AM
mate my condolences go out to you ...
but for $100.00 I could cremate him on my weber and send you ashes..
:wink:

scott bowler
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 10:57 AM
sorry to hear that sammi

djceri_g
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 11:36 AM
ohh, poor fish. Im sure you did all you could to save him! He/she is so cute! :cry:

the german
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
sorry to hear that,even he wasnt a super model,its not nice to loose a fish

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 02:57 AM
So sorry to hear that sammi.

You did a great job to raise him this far.

I know he had a very happy time with you.

sammigold
Sat Jul 14, 2007, 11:38 AM
thanks guys! You sort of feel like a failure, but you do your best.
He was still eating when he left us so I really dont know what caused it. except for the fact that he was a runt.

I always wondered what would happen if they never grow.. I suppose they have to die in the end. Maybe their brain keeps growing but their bodies dont, like some of those poor kids out there that have that disease where they dont grow... (now I am rambling...)

thanks for the condolences everyone.

cheers
sammi

Bill T
Sun Jul 15, 2007, 11:29 AM
Don't feel so bad.
Lot's of people have lost fish despite their best efforts - especially runts have a big habit of shuffling off. A runt has something wrong with it & in nature is not meant to survive - natural selection.

I personally have taken pity on runts from time to time, always ends in tears, and in one instance bought some really nasty bug home along with the runt that rapidly dissolved the rest of my fish.

Now if I ever buy fish I buy the best, most healthy looking one in the shop, and leave the runts in God's (or the lfs) hands.

sammigold
Sun Jul 15, 2007, 11:18 PM
I currently have a guppy swimming around that is a siamese twin, it has another one attached to its stomach... I dont want to cull it so am just letting nature take its course....see whether it grows up or not...

cheers

Bill T.
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 04:55 AM
Freakin!!!!

Robdog
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
I currently have a guppy swimming around that is a siamese twin, it has another one attached to its stomach... I dont want to cull it so am just letting nature take its course....see whether it grows up or not...

cheers

This I have to see Sammi. Does it have 2 working, eating heads of what? I need photos.

Oh yeah, sorry to hear about your runt dying but the freak guppies have me intrigued.

Ace1024
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
all you need now is a discus with 3 eyes, and you've got a circus :shock:

Sorry with the crudeness, i couldn't help myself :(

djceri_g
Wed Jul 18, 2007, 07:00 PM

cheersWow, you got a pic?

sammigold
Thu Jul 19, 2007, 09:41 AM
I tried but it is still a bit too small, although in saying that it is about 3 weeks old now, so I might have another go over the next couple of days.

cheers
sammi

sammigold
Thu Jul 19, 2007, 09:47 AM
OH! and Ace, I can appreciate your humour,

and Robdog, the other baby is not growing, at least it doesnt seem to be, It doesnt seem to have a head (as in mouth eyes etc) but it does have a tail, it is like a body and tail attached to the stomach of the one that is growing.

I will definitely try and get a photo, it doesnt look like it is going to die any time soon or anything. Maybe the "extra" fry will dry up and drop off, if you can dry up in water... I dont know that thats possible. lol