PDA

View Full Version : Which is a right beefheart???

sportivo888
Sun Jul 08, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone, since i have read all the topic about making beefheart for discus.
i notice that everyone using different method, different opinon,

which is the standard mix beefheart food for discus??? i mean is there a script for making those food......or what sort of food did malaysian people add into the mixed beefheart?? anyone got any idea or maybe someone have learned in the discus book already.

1 more, do you need to cook all the food before you put into the mince?

cheer guy,
steven

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 11:01 AM
Hi Steven. That's the beauty of a beefheart recipe. You can add just about anything to it. Think of it as meat and vegies for fish LOL

I believe the asian breeders use whatever kind of heartmeat they can find, along with left over vegetables from the food markets. I doubt they have a lot of money to spend on food for their fish, so the variety of vegetable may vary from day to day.

I don't usually cook the vegetables too much, mainly just steam them to soften them off, especially the carrots.

sportivo888
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 11:42 PM
how about beef liver? any good?
i know that contain alot protein,
any way i will have a try to make the beefheart, what i seen the recipe on this forum :)

cheer,
steven

Merrilyn
Sat Jul 14, 2007, 05:04 AM
Liver is good, and I have used it, but only in small amounts mixed in with the beefheart and vegetables. Liver has a lot of blood in it, and needs to be cooked before mincing otherwise is just goes into a mush.

lesley
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 05:02 AM
The last time we made a meat mix, we decided to try kangaroo mince. The fish love it, and you don't have to do all that cutting out of stuff that you don't want from the beefheart.

Lesley

the german
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 07:06 AM
is kangaroo meat digestable for discus?

i dont think so,i tried steak,was not very good,didnt lost any but nevert again.

michael