PDA

View Full Version : EOI Heckles X 2

fish_r
Thu Jul 05, 2007, 02:12 PM
thinking of selling the 2 heckles i brought a while ago.
i dont have the time and patients to get them to eat frozen foods.
they are both eating really well, but only live foods "blackworm & brine"
both fish are very healthy after treating them for worms.
they are just too much work for me and thinking about tapering down my discus stock, will also have another 4 discus for sale shortly too.
3 definites are 1 x pigeon 1x spotted snakeskin and 1 x melon ?

sorry i cant ship so Adelaide people interested only pls...

here are the heckles "i wont sell to newbies to discus sorry"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Heckle26-5-07-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/DSCF2115.jpg

will put pics up of the others for sale when i get some pics of them...

cheers
Rob...

fish_r
Thu Jul 05, 2007, 02:15 PM
P.S. if i do get any takers for the heckles, they will be going @ $250.00ea which is a little dearer than i paid, but is to cover treatments i have given etc...

fish_r
Fri Jul 06, 2007, 09:01 AM
iv'e had a bit of a think about it and the heckles will be going for $200 ea now, which is what i paid for them.
i will not take stupid offers for these quality fish as i have been pm'd...
the fish are approx 12cm

Dee
Fri Jul 06, 2007, 09:53 AM
Pity your in Adelaide mate, I've got a 2x2x2 they would look great in. Good luck with the sale, nice Heckles :thumb

Cheers,

Dee.

Scotty Bils
Fri Jul 06, 2007, 01:18 PM
Look forward to seeing some pictures of the other 4 fish you are selling. I will stay tuned, any sneak peaks appreciated! :) The Heckels sond a little too much work for me too sorry.

I wouldnt mind buying som blyxa japonica off of you too if you have some extra that is. Only would want a bunch or two. :fro

Do you live in the north or south of Adelaide?

fish_r
Fri Jul 06, 2007, 01:40 PM
will try get some pics up tomorrow of the other discus for sale.

sorry i just sold 30 of the blyxa last week so i'm down to just a few i kept to grow out to sell again, will let u know when there ready for sale again...

fish_r
Tue Jul 10, 2007, 12:46 AM
here's some pics of the other fish for sale, best pics i could get cause i'm too sick to stand up @ the moment...

http://www.freephotoserver.com/v001/KharmaKazi/dscf2237.jpg

http://www.freephotoserver.com/v001/KharmaKazi/dscf2255.jpg

http://www.freephotoserver.com/v001/KharmaKazi/dscf2257.jpg

$80ea "no offers"

fish_r
Tue Jul 10, 2007, 12:48 AM
bottom photo is only the spotted snakeskin for sale.
forgot to mention there from 10-12cm.

scott bowler
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
have you sold the heckles yet Rob hehe?

fish_r
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 11:31 AM
nah m8 i decided not to sell as i got stupid offers for what "I" think are quality fish, so i'll persevere and get them eating frozen foods etc and put them in the new display tank when i get it...

scott bowler
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 11:34 AM
thats good mate it would have been a shame they are awesome fish .Was thinking i may have to come over for the day and bring them back hehe. make shore we get pics of the new tank mate when you set it up hehe scott

the german
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 11:56 AM
glad that you dont sell them,top class fish m8,the best heckel ive seen so far in australia,and even in europe they would be top class.and i think the $$you asked for was more than fair.

Dee
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 12:58 PM
nah m8 i decided not to sell as i got stupid offers for what "I" think are quality fish, so i'll persevere and get them eating frozen foods etc and put them in the new display tank when i get it...

Good call mate :thumb Very nice fish ... worth holding on to, best of luck with them !

Cheers,

Dee.

fish_r
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
thx guys :)
just hope i can get em eating properly soon :wink:
theyv'e started eating the "dead" live brine shrimp off the bottom of the tank so i dont think there too far off eating frozen now :?:

samir
Wed Jul 11, 2007, 03:29 PM
did you quarantine them and treat for flukes and flagellates ? what did you de-worm with ? the eyes are a bit dark so maybe that might have something to do with it ? Never seen dark eyes and a big appetite on the same fish.

fish_r
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 08:14 AM
there in there own 100ltr tank, iv'e only treated twice with prazi so far. the only other med i have i can use is octozin, should i give them a course of this ?
the eyes are clear, probably just the photo, they are eating plenty of live foods, just not frozen foods ?

samir
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 08:51 AM
treat them with levimasole
this one http://2easy.com.au/shop/article.php?article=722&cat=1135
1ml / 7 litres for 24 hours then do a big water change.

I'll be getting some from the same source tomorrow, so if I can get them eating I'll share my info with you, if they don't eat, we're in the same boat :)

ivo
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 09:13 AM
what does it treat? i have one discus which has worm and i used prazi but no luck. the fish is still pretty normal looking and swimming, etc, but it has not eaten for 3 weeks now. it has been sitting in a hospital tank. would this medication you recommended works in this situation? thanks.

ivo
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 09:14 AM
what does it treat? i have one discus which has worm and i used prazi but no luck. the fish is still pretty normal looking and swimming, etc, but it has not eaten for 3 weeks now. it has been sitting in a hospital tank. would this medication you recommended works in this situation? thanks.

ivo
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 09:14 AM

samir
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 09:43 AM
prazi will treat cestodes (tapeworms), for nematodes (roundworms etc) you need levimasole (easily available).
There's people on other forums who have "mastered discus", "prescribing" praziquantel as an all-round wormer. It is not, it kills tapeworms and it controls flukes full stop.
Andrew (fishgeek) has explained the cestode/nematode thing a couple of times, somewhere on the forum. Here's a link for clarity on the fish/nematode/treatment situation.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FA091

ivo
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 11:37 AM
thanks heaps samir. it is a very useful piece of information. trouble is how can i judge from the poo by my naked eyes. anyway very much appreciated. i wonder how can this fish live three weeks without food and swimming like normal. i have been putting in liquid vitamins for it.

fish_r
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
thx Samir, i will get some Big L and give it a go, would be interested to see how u go getting ur's to eat too ?

samir
Thu Jul 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
i dunno ivo, but it should clear it of worms, if present.
Fish_r, I hope I don't have any dramas with them. Will let you know how they go.

discus lover01
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 05:09 AM
it would depend if the fish has white poo thick white poo meaning it has hexamite which is a metro treatment and a raised temp as well of 32 degrees look in illness section on DF and it will show dose rates.
Worming a discus will help heaps and should be done but if they wont eat for this length of time there is another cause and the thing that stops them eating mainly is hexamite.
HTH

fish_r
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 08:45 AM
there poo is black and the blackest iv'e seen out of all of my discus, but i think thats also to do with all the blackworm there eating. they are eating stacks of blackworm and live brine shrimp, every live food i put in the tank gets snapped up if any thing there getting over fed, it's just the not moving stuff they wont eat "yet"
but started using garlick gaurd now to on the frozen stuff so hoping it wont be too long with some perseverance and they will eat frozen...

samir
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 10:48 AM
sound ok, they should eventually get on to the dry stuff. I got mine today, was expecting something like yours but they're a brownish green base and full body markings and look like they haven't eaten for a month.

fish_r
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 02:08 PM
look forward to seeing them Samir, mine were pretty skinny too when i first got them, sounds like they are from the same source then. good luck bringing them back up to healthy m8, i'm sure u'll have no probs...

samir
Fri Jul 13, 2007, 02:25 PM
i hope not, they were fighting a bit so I guess that's a good sign. i feel guilty about them having to live in a tank. Hopefully they will breed (hybridize, sorry Taksan :lol: ) with my other discus, soon.

samir
Sat Jul 14, 2007, 08:28 AM
they started eating frozen bloodworms last night, today they have a slightly bigger appetite and are eating my beefheart mix as well, so far so good.

fish_r
Sat Jul 14, 2007, 12:28 PM
i dont want to know :P

fish_r
Fri Jul 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yay, my heckles ate there first cube of frozen bloodworm today, they cleaned up every last worm from the block which is a major relief to me that there starting to eat frozen :wink: hopefully i will be able to get them back in there display tank with the others soon...
iv'e ordered the Big L wormer too so first going to treat with that then see if they eat better after that too ?

Erk
Fri Jul 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
Yayyy....nic work Rob! Im happy they ate some frozen food!

Good luck with the Big L....I hope you can get them in the display tank with the others too! I bet they will look so neat in there! :D

fish_r
Fri Jul 20, 2007, 01:25 PM
thx Eric, it's a big relief to me :)
i really want to get them in the display tank as one of them is bullying the other and hoping it wont when it's with the other fish...