PDA

View Full Version : fish acting wierd

longlenium
Thu Jul 05, 2007, 09:59 AM
hi. my house recently have a party and there kids went jumping on my bed and play with my fish tank

later that night when i got back in my room. i saw the fish acting weirdly. the fish swim in a corner near the surface water, the color went darker, some damage( whitey color) on the body, it face down, they don't really swim and eat that much any more

i think the fish got scared and stress. so i put some stress coat in do 30% water change . Ph is 7 . it been couple they. they kinda getting better , but i got a feeling that im doing something wrong and i cant think of anything in my mind. can you plz help me out.

thankz

Merrilyn
Thu Jul 05, 2007, 11:59 AM
I think that you may find the children have put something into the tank. Even pouring a soft drink (soda) into the tank would cause your fish problems.

Because we don't really know what happened, it's best to play safe, and do a complete water change over the next 48 hours.

Change 50% of the water now, and tomorrow change another 50%. The following day, another 50%. The idea is that by constantly changing the water, we gradually remove anything that might have been added to the tank.

Also check the tank for any toy, pencil or little ornament that the children may have put in there. Young children don't understand about clean water, and could well have been trying to feed the fish, or give them a treat.

longlenium
Mon Jul 09, 2007, 09:51 AM
thankz for the advise . i have been change the water the last couple day .. the fish seen to be getting better, which i mean the color is better, look more alive and eat more. but sadly i also lost 4 of the discus and 1 angel