awth
Tue Jul 03, 2007, 03:00 PM
More

Zbiljc
Tue Jul 03, 2007, 07:40 PM
Really nice pics and fishes. Good job

Merrilyn
Thu Jul 05, 2007, 01:32 PM
I don't know how you manage it Awth, but these pictures are even better than the last lot.

You fish are magnificent, and you have them so well trained to sit up and pose for you like that LOL.

Just joking, but I really do envy your beautiful fish. :P

starreys
Fri Jul 06, 2007, 11:41 AM
amazing collection of pics , shame most are unavailable here

Th0mas
Fri Jul 06, 2007, 02:14 PM
Slight correction - all of above are legally available in the country.

I've been through bitaeniata, panduro, cacatoides, trifasciata, meinkeni, borelli, sp. "Rio Memore", uaupsei and nijsseni over the years while currently held elizabethae, baenschi, hongsloi, iniridae, macmasteri, veijita and agassizi sp. "Tefe". Am aware there's hognei around at the moment.

All you need is a bit more patient, as they tend not to be readily available and only comes in small numbers.

Cheers.

gurds
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 07:37 AM
can someone give me the names in order lol i love em all and want to add to collection

Th0mas
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 09:26 AM
Here's their names (all apistogramma):

bitaeniata male
nijsseni male
nijsseni female
bitaeniata juvenile
elizabethae "Red" from Wilhelmi
same as above

awth has exceptional quality fish in his collection - unfortunately he's located in Hong Kong.

The elizabethae is very expensive and seldom make it into our land. And I was lucky enough to obtain some German "Red" (not as good as the Wilhelmi) last year, and the LFS saids they're unlikely to bring them in for a while (little fish don't move too well when priced over $100), however as I said in the other threads - they are tricky to keep alive (managed for a year) and definitely an easy species to start with.

awth
Fri Dec 21, 2007, 04:44 PM
thank you Thomas for the explanation!

FYI, I heard that from blueblue on aquagrass.com:

"... basically, many german fish are actually not kept by the company, instead, they are scattered in many families/people... when a customer wants to order some fish, the company will collect fish from all these families/people... so, some people argue that fish from Glaser and "Wilhelmi" could come from the same group of people!! While after the old Glaser passed away and the old Wilhelmi (Frank) retired, the quality of their fish has already gone down... plus. traders and breeders in Holland and Belgium are getting more and more competitive now...:

P.S. Thomas, haven't seen u for a while in A.farm, been busy!?

fishgeek
Fri Dec 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
awth i was always led to believe the czech fish farmers were the co-op model as you describe

i was in germany only a few mnths back and couldnt for the life of me remember wilhelm as a name to try and look up a distributor.. thanks for triggering my memory

andrew

awth
Sun Dec 23, 2007, 09:58 AM
awth i was always led to believe the czech fish farmers were the co-op model as you describe

i was in germany only a few mnths back and couldnt for the life of me remember wilhelm as a name to try and look up a distributor.. thanks for triggering my memory

andrew

You are welcome, Andrew :D

Th0mas
Sun Dec 23, 2007, 10:06 PM
P.S. Thomas, haven't seen u for a while in A.farm, been busy!?

Hi awth,

I've been extremely busy at work as well as at home lately, I barely have enough time to keep all the tanks running (while raising fry) hence I've gone quiet on most forums.

Hopefully the Christmas break will give me enough time to catch up with all my work.... fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Thomas.