PDA

View Full Version : Sick Discus

AdamT138
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I have recently added 5 discus to my aquarium. They were all quarantined for 3 weeks without any problem. Once I added them to my main tank all seemed fine. They were all feeding really well etc.

After around ten days one of the discus stopped feeding and decided to hide in the bottom corner of the tank. It has been this way for about a week.

The discus doesn't look sick but I'm worried why he has stopped feeding all of a sudden.

The water parameters are as follows
pH 6.5
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
temperature 29 C

Can anyone suggest what the problem could be or what I could do?

Thanks,
Adam

scott bowler
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 05:48 AM
hi Adam welcome to the forum mate .Well it could be a number of things but just a few things that may help us .1 has he gone dark?
2 what colour is its poo (white or black ect)
3 is there a chance it is being bulled
4 how big is he is it the smallest
so if you can let us know some of them adam we may be able to help .good luck get back to us soon
scott

AdamT138
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 07:48 AM
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

He hasn't gone black, or anything like that. He's the smallest out of the bunch but I don't think he's being bullied.

I noticed this morning he is passing long white faeces which I think is a sign of worms?

I have some flubendazole lying around. Could that help? I also have some metronidazole but I'm not sure if I should use it.

Adam

scott bowler
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 08:09 AM
hi Adam ok well yes the white poo usuaily means worms .you can use the flubendazole i beleave it does treat worms . the metro will not its for bactria . hope that helps and he gets well talk soon mate good luck

the german
Wed Jul 04, 2007, 08:28 AM
3 weeks quarantine is not long enough,at least 4 better 6.

you should also change your supplier of your test sets,not possible to have all readings on zero.

djceri_g
Wed Jul 04, 2007, 11:41 AM
Is your tank fully cycled? Your nitrate shows 0. It should have some reading if your tank has been cycled?