PDA

View Full Version : To anyone else we must seem weird!

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 03:46 AM
Hi all,

Here's confirmation that we (fishy people) are all probably raving loonies! I decided yesterday that it was long enough after our disaster to set up just one 6ft tank for the 6 imports I bought and bring them back to our place. LoL, after I got it going I sat here with a wine listening to the bubbles, tank was empty but enjoyed the bubbles lmao! My kids comment "Erm, are you OK Dad?" No, I'm totally sick! I just didn't realise how much I missed the sound of those bubbles.
MAC

sammigold
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 03:54 AM
Its weird isnt it. you become so used to the sounds of tanks.
we had a power blackout and I suddenly realised how loud the rotten pump is! lol
but it can be so soothing...
cheers

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 03:59 AM
It sure is Sammi. Might only be half a dozen but I'm just glad to be back in to it.
MAC

mr troph
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 08:36 AM
:D Don't know what I would do if I had to give up my tanks. I had 3 6fts and a 2ft in my bed room, Before the fishroom and slept pleasently.

Todd

nicholas76
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 08:16 AM
:D Don't know what I would do if I had to give up my tanks. I had 3 6fts and a 2ft in my bed room, Before the fishroom and slept pleasently.

Todd

You can give them to me Todd LOL

im moving house so ive moved fish off and have had my main tank empty now for like 2 months. Its just not natural without discus

ILLUSN
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 10:40 PM
Weird is that since i was born dads always had multiple tanks bubbling away at night. Now 28 years later i cant sleep at night unless i hear a bubbling tank (I'm sure your all aware of how well this goes with a non-fish keeping wife).

I know exactly what you all mean.