PDA

View Full Version : Tank aquascaping

GrkBoy
Sat Jun 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hey guys, in Decemebr i am geting my 400l tank setup, I know it a couple of months away, but planning early never hurts ;)

So I had a idea, ombining both bare bottom and planted tanks... how will I achieve this??

Before I add anything to the tank, I was thinking of gluing with silicone a glass pice to the bottom of the tank from one end to the other making a small "wall" on the bottom of the tank. At the bank end of this glass piece is where I can add all my soil ferts plants etc, and this leaves me with the front half as a bare bottom where i can have the soaked pellets drop during feeding time so I can keep the tank cleaner...

Has anyone ver tried this, or is it one of my silly ideas i come up with from time to time?? Can anyone see any pros/cons to this idea???

Feedback will be GREATLY appreciated.

scott bowler
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 05:30 AM
hi grkboy it sound s like a good idea .but im not shore how it will go .I havent seen it or tryed it .you would have to make shore the edge wasnt sharp discus some time just shot around the tank and i would hat to think that a fish may hurt it self if it hit the edge but good luck let us know how you go.

ILLUSN
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 06:36 AM
mate use terracotta pots for your plants, much easier then gluing glass, and if ever you need to med the tank you can just take them out no mess or fuss.

GrkBoy
Mon Jul 02, 2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks guys, there is still plenty to think about, but when I do finally get round to doing it, I will surelly post pictures... as for the glass being sharp, I think u can order the edge of the glass to be rounded for that exact reason. so nothing gets cut...

Lets hope it all comes together in the end.