PDA

View Full Version : Round Two

Dearra
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
After my last disasterous attempt with plants I am going to give it another go. The fake plants just did not look right and I hated it.

This time around I am going with some Amazon Swords. I bought 6 of them and they have been in the tank for a whole week. So far so good. (Touch wood). There is a very long stem growing very tall from one of the swords which looks like it has shoots coming off it. Do I just let it go or should I cut it off.

Also, last week I bought a Anubias Paco which is doing just as well as the swords.

Today I planted a Anubias Barteri var. barteri. (Not sure on whether it should be planted or attached to some driftwood).

Also, today I planted some Alternanthera Reineckii Red. Not too sure on what to do with these ones either. If they need trimming, do I cut the tips off the tops or do I pull them out and cut them from the roots.

Any suggestions would be great.

I am going to see how things go over the next few weeks, or maybe even a month and then I will let you know how I am doing. I am not going to tell you how I am doing it because I just know you will all cringe. I will either have success or have a big failure. Fingers crossed.

See ya
Dearra

TW
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 02:13 PM
I am not going to tell you how I am doing it because I just know you will all cringe. I will either have success or have a big failure. Fingers crossed. lol

Fingers & & toes are all crossed. Hope it goes well.

kevernz
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 04:07 PM
just leave the baby plants grow off hte mother for a while, easier to grow and uptake nutrients. until its a reasonable size then pull it off

scott bowler
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
i would get some plant food too and see if that helps with the growth have a look on the ASA site for plant food you can get some good ones on there .I hope it gose well for you hehe let us know have fun .

Roy
Sun Jun 24, 2007, 10:44 PM
Today I planted a Anubias Barteri var. barteri. (Not sure on whether it should be planted or attached to some driftwood).

This should be attached to some wood or a rock, preferably wood.
The nutrients are taken in by the roots from water flow, burying them will result in the rhizome rotting and the plant dying.

Also, today I planted some Alternanthera Reineckii Red. Not too sure on what to do with these ones either. If they need trimming, do I cut the tips off the tops or do I pull them out and cut them from the roots.

Not sure what type of lighting you have but this plant from memory will require high light and a good substrate.

Good luck with it !

Roy