PDA

View Full Version : Decaying Plants

Ace1024
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 01:08 AM
I have a lightly planted tank, and i've noticed that some of the plants are decaying....

Last night, after a 30% water change and a gravel clean, the discus were all fine, and i turned out the aquarium lights. A couple hrs later, i came to the room again, and noticed that they had all "darkened", and were hovering around the bottom. I immediately did a 50% water change, added a triple dose of prime, and took out ALL the dying plants.

This morning they all seem better... could it have been the dying plants?

My ammonia and nitrite levels are 0, pH is stable at 7.2

scott bowler
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 10:08 AM
Ace its not the dieing pants mate ,did you turn the light on and the fish were dark or did you see this with the room light? can you get your ph down a litle more around 6.8 i know you have harder water over there . good luck mate keep us posted

Ace1024
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
I had turned the light off for a couple hrs, then turned them back on and noticed how dark they were, and in a very bad way... :(

scott bowler
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
just that when the light is of ms fish will go dark as they are sleeping , did they colour up again after you did the water change ? or before .Ace if your water is ok there is no need to do so many water changes .