PDA

View Full Version : New Tank Aqua One?? Jebo?? Juwel??

Mitch
Sun Jun 17, 2007, 08:27 AM
Im getting another tank in a month and was thinking about getting another aqua one tank as i already have a few and had no problems. But i have only got their smaller tanks, up to 3ft and want to get one of their 5 or 6ft tanks. Just wondering if many of you have had much to do with these tanks and how you rate them. I only really want to shift 8-10 discus to the tank but reasonably planted. any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ben
Sun Jun 17, 2007, 08:37 AM
get a 5 or 6' jebo, just add a cannister filter aswell even though you will be using the top trickle filter.

Jewels are nice looking tanks but personally i am not keen on thier filtration..

taksan
Sun Jun 17, 2007, 11:39 AM
Jebo have 6 black 6x2x2's with top filters left in Australia.
If your in Sydney ...get one of those.

DiscusEden
Sun Jun 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
I have one of the 6ft aqua ones with an added cannister. The inbuilt filter is quite noisy & I have regretted not getting the larger literage of a 6x2x2. I think they have a point with the advice. Go the larger tank if you can.

Having said that, I've had no problems with the tank itself & though I will probably eventually spit it & get a second Eheim cannister & turn the inbuilt filter off (because of the noise), it is running reliably.

HTH

Mitch
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks for all the reply and information. Just wondering though, the guy at the LFS said that the filtration in the aqua ones and Jebo's aren't very good for planted tanks as they stir the surface to much, depleating the tank of C02. Just wondering if this was correct. And also the best place to buy Jebo tanks online in sydney. Thanks :D

taksan
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
nope they are not too bad for plants.

Xtreme
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks for all the reply and information. Just wondering though, the guy at the LFS said that the filtration in the aqua ones and Jebo's aren't very good for planted tanks as they stir the surface to much, depleating the tank of C02. Just wondering if this was correct. And also the best place to buy Jebo tanks online in sydney. Thanks :D

You can buy them through Xtreme, athough any Jebo tanks over 3ft need to be piced up by you from the suppliers depo, as they will not ship.

Thanks
Rebecca
Xtreme
9256 6105

DiscusEden
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 08:50 AM
I've had no problems with the plants. The filter outlet on the aqua one is under the surface of the water - unless you let the water level drop right down during a water change.

If anything, I've been trying to create water movement using the cannister filter outlet & an airstone overnight, so the O2 doesn't get depleted.

I'm sure if you had a look online, called in at a lfs for a look-see (although the prices are probably better online), or had a question on the plankgeek forum, they could give you more info. There's another planted tank forum as well (joined it recently, now can't remember the name) - it was mentioned recently on the planted section of this forum.

HTH

djceri_g
Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
Dont get a Juwel! Ive been tryin to do a fishless cycle for over 3 months now!! Im gonna buy a new filter

benjohnson
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Dude if your tank has taken you 3 months to cycle and its still not done.... id hate to say it but i dont think your doing something right ?! Sure your test kits reliable ???

discusqueen
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 11:44 AM
I have a Aquaone 150 with Plants and Discus. Works well.

taksan
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 12:09 PM
Dude if your tank has taken you 3 months to cycle and its still not done.... id hate to say it but i dont think your doing something right ?! Sure your test kits reliable ???

He's got a Juwel ..... with their useless inbuilt filter.

Enough said.

benjohnson
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
I have 3 jwel tanks, 2 used for breeding, one as a display tank.... I've never had this amount of problems with them !! I admittedly bought a eheim for the display tank recently but the other 2 use their internal filters with no problems at all...What do you feel is so wrong with them Taksan ? Would be interested to know why you feel so strongly about it !!!

Cheers,
Ben

Robdog
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
The Aquaone's and the Jebo 4ftrs and above are all nice tanks. Don't know much about the Jewel.
The only problem with having these tanks moderately planted IMO is the use of CO2. The stock lights are pretty shitti but with the overhead filtration, i think it gases off a lot of the CO2 (even if you add extra) but on the upside, gives you pretty good oxygenated water.

djceri_g
Fri Jun 22, 2007, 05:23 PM

He's got a Juwel ..... with their useless inbuilt filter.

Enough said.I made a big mistake in the beginning adding too much ammonia but I know a lot of people complains about juwel filters. Im going to buy a external filter to put in this. the cycling at the moment seems to be going to plan. :D