PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Region Storms

AussieStar
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 03:43 AM
Well seeing that i live in Newcastle and have basically suffered alot due to these storms im glad it has passed.

My house became part of Lake Macquire on Friday night when about a foot of water decided to make its way into the house. So basically anything that was below this was suffed.

We had no power for about 30 hours all up and i was very very lucky not to loose any of my fish. Some of tanks reached as low as 15 degree, but power is back on and they are all back up to temp and i cant see any problems with the fish.

But how im waiting for the insurances to come access the damage before i can start to clean up. Not a happy camper at all.

Anyone else have any issues?

jzz30
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 06:23 AM
Wish you all the best! Glad to hear that none of your fish died, just goes to show how tough the little buggers are!

Hope everything works out for you and your family.

AussieStar
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 11:42 AM
thank you very much.

ITs just getting worse by the hour now but lol

Have to move out of the house and everything that came in contract with water has to be treated or destroyed, so i have about 20 tanks that have to be reset tomorrow morning at my mates pplae, im not looking forward to it

AussieStar
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 11:45 AM
have to fix spelling lol
Its just getting worse by the hour now for me and my family.

Have to move out of the house and everything that came in contract with water has to be treated or destroyed, so i have about 20 tanks that have to be resetup tomorrow morning at my mates place, im not looking forward to it.

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 12:15 PM
Gee mate, so sorry to hear that.

Good luck with setting up your tanks, and hope your fish make it through.

sammigold
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 04:26 AM
Oh Aussiestar, that is terrible news. I hope all goes well with your fish. Just keep an eye out for ich. I think that is the most likely predator to arrive when temps change dramatically.
I wish you and your family all the best and am glad that you are safe at least.
Very sorry that your home has suffered.
Keep safe.
sammi