PDA

View Full Version : tank mates for discus

duncan1973
Sat Jun 09, 2007, 10:43 PM
hi all i was just wondering wat other little fishes i can house with my discus..i currently have a juwel rio 300L..the fish i already have r 3 stendker red scribbles-9 red turks juvies,2 neons 1 zebra danio,2 adf,2 bronze cory cats,1 spotted cory cat ,2 albino cory cats..i also had 3 angels until this afternoon as they wer bullies towards the rest of my fish..since i got rid of them all the fish have started to experience the siaze of the tank without hiding..thanks for any replies ....cheers ..dunk :lol: 8-)

sammigold
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 03:56 AM
why not get some cardinals they deal with the warmer temps better than neons, will probably school with the neons and if you added to your danios you will find that they come out more. Both neons and danios and cardinals are schooling fish so will definitely feel safer and more likely to swim out and about in schools of at least 10.
HTH

ILLUSN
Sun Jun 10, 2007, 05:53 AM
I've heard that hatchet fish go well with discus, they look cool too a bit more interesting then neons and cardinals, can anyone else back this up or this just a LFS tryiong to sell more fish .

Discus_Noob
Sat Oct 13, 2007, 09:24 PM
I've heard that hatchet fish go well with discus, they look cool too a bit more interesting then neons and cardinals, can anyone else back this up or this just a LFS tryiong to sell more fish .

Yes hatchetfish go w/ discus, just make sure you have a tight lid =]