PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in these long-finned Angel discus?

kevkoi
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 01:48 PM
Dear oh dear... :oops:

One of my breeders has some stock of young long-finned angel discus in Cobalt and Blue Snakeskin at 2-2.5". He has offered me some young fish at good prices (well, at least good prices for long-finned bloodline fish).

These fishes are approx $45-$50ea. If there is a demand for these fish, i will bring some in. The catch however is that these Angel discus do not show the long fin trait until they get to about 3". Spawning of Angel longfin discus will only give you between 20%-30% fish showing the long fins. The others will simply be carrying the gene.

... so, there I ask again? Anyone interested?

nag
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 03:30 PM
Hi:
Take a peek here:
http://www.simplydiscus.com/forum/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=14438

Personally, I don't like them :evil:

jim
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 02:14 AM
I don't like them either...does not look very attractive to me

Trebs
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 09:55 AM
Hell no.

If it ain't round don't call it a discus.

kevkoi
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 11:07 AM
:oops: 3 nos.... I think that's enough. :lol:

mtchye
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 12:32 PM
Hehe i was just about to say.. they are quite cheap.. and if they had good colour I can't see why they are more wrong than say... veiltail angels... or all the other long finned variants of aquarium fish around..

I would probably keep a few just for curiosities sake.. but then again I'm on a collect them all mission for discus it seems lol .. just like pokemon :p

kevkoi
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 12:49 PM
Well Vincent, if you want some, just tell me how many... I'll bring some in especially for you... for curiosity sake. :lol:

flukes
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 02:59 PM
Can you get bigger ones Kev?? Wouldnt mind a pair of snakeskins or anything else for that matter..

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 10:19 PM
Oh dear - they're not a good look, are they.

Mattzilla
Mon Oct 18, 2004, 09:23 AM
not really my cup of tea....

mtchye
Tue Oct 19, 2004, 02:06 PM
Haha Kev, you &$^# always tempting me. I don't think its worth a shipment all the way to perth just for one or two curiosities! :)

When do you need to know whether anyone wants these guys by? I still need time to save from the last time I splurged at SLS :p

So I take it these ones for ~$50 do not show the long finned trait yet, and may not do so as they may be just carriers?

Cheers
Vincent

kevkoi
Tue Oct 19, 2004, 09:45 PM
Vincent, I've passed on the longfins for now till theyget bigger.

kev

mtchye
Tue Oct 19, 2004, 10:21 PM
No worries Kev ;)

BlackGhost
Thu Oct 21, 2004, 02:56 AM
Are they kinda the same as flower horns that have been artifically fertelized. Are they really a cross between angels and discus or they have been bred for their fins. I know every 1's going to hate this but they look ok 2 me. But if they are cross that is bad and im against it!

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 21, 2004, 11:47 AM
cross does not = BAD

unless you have pure strain discus.... then your discus will be crossed....

does that make them bad?

kevkoi
Thu Oct 21, 2004, 01:39 PM
Blackghost, these discus are NOT a crosses between a discus and an angelfish. Please don't get it confused. I am 99.9% sure that a discus and angel cannot be spawnned successfully.... so no such hybrid. No, this is not anywhere as controversial as the Flowerhorn.

These fish are a selectively bred from a mutation of elongated fins. (Just like Goldfish.)