PDA

View Full Version : 7 Hours from Perth

brad_v
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 08:35 AM
After having a tank for 15 years, and then being without one 10, I'm finally living in one place for a while and have set up a tank again.

However I've ended up in Kambala, a little south of Kalgoorlie. There are a couple of pet shops up in Kal, but nothing very flash.

I'm driving down to Perth in a couple of weeks and would like to come back with a few discus, but I've never had to move fish that far before and I'm a bit unsure about the travel.

If anyone has any tips for the trip, or can tell me a good shop in Perth, it would be appreciated.

ml29
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 09:11 AM
If the fish are packed properly it shouldn't be a problem. Just let the shop know how long the trip will be and they should know how to pack them. Perth aquarium and display centre has some nice discus at the moment and their service is really good. Visit their website: www.perthaquarium.com.au

mtchye
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 09:17 AM
Hi Brad,

7 hours is no problem if they are packed properly. You want to have a styrofoam box, which any LFS should have, and have oxygen in the bags, with a little bit of water and some Prime or similar to take care of any ammonia.

If you inform them most shops will be more than capable of packing it this way for you..

I haven't seen many reasonably priced nice discus around though, so that may be the hardest part of all.. :(