PDA

View Full Version : eheim pump help needed

DrFeelgood
Tue May 29, 2007, 05:46 PM
I've just bought an eheim professional wet/dry 2329 filter, and its all in the tank, ready to go, and in the instructions it reads 'establish the syphon' but i can't find any way of doing this except dismantling the tubing to get it going. it also has a part number to aid with this - but there must be a way of getting the thing going without an extra bit surely? i'm really aggravated! any ideas?

Greggy
Wed May 30, 2007, 01:39 AM
Simple! Close the valve for the water return line, temporarily disconnect and suck on the air-return line (skinny pipe) and this will establish a siphon and fill the filter. Then open the valve on the water return line and start the filter.

But be warned... the Eheim wet/dry filters can sometimes be problematic. I recently had an Eheim 2227 Wet/Dry for a few months before sending it back and getting a 2228 instead because it created thousands of 'micro-bubbles'. Maybe the taller 2x29 Wet/Dry filter might work better. Also watch the o-ring seal at the top of the Wet/Dry control valve cylinder, as I found it difficult to get a water-tight seal (this won't cause a micro-bubble problem though).

Eheim are good to deal with, and their products are of high quality, but just watch for issues with the Wet/Dry filters. I'm a big fan of keeping things simple, and the Eheim Wet/Dry cannister filters are anything but.

Regards,

Greggy

DrFeelgood
Fri Jun 01, 2007, 04:56 PM
thanks greggy. I thought it would be 'the best' filter but i'm really starting to kick myself for buying it now. the other problem i have with it is the 'maximum water height 120cm' thing, any ideas how to deal with that?

ILLUSN
Fri Jun 01, 2007, 10:49 PM
try putting the filter on a small coffe/bedside table to raise it up a foot or 2.