PDA

View Full Version : Sick fish!! need advice...

Dazz584
Mon May 28, 2007, 12:25 AM
Hi this is my first post... i've been on here looking through but didnt need to register till now... currently ive got 8 discus 4 adults 4 small ones living with 2 frontosa a few pleco's and 2 small native rainbow fish in a 500ltr tank...

ive notice since i introduced the 4 small discus after 3weeks i notice HITH and white poo... so i did a Flagyl bath for 3 days seem to have worked but its been 2 weeks since treatment the fish looked like they were getting better but i still notice white poo agian... so i recently went an bought a 80ltr storage box to use as a hospital tank and a hang on filter which im cycling with new water now before i add the fish in for treatment.... cut the story short... im wondering if new water in hospital tank is the way to go or should i just run the est. tank water??? plus im thinking i will empty the 500ltrs and clean the sump and tank add new water and cycle it while the fish are in the hospital tank and start new... need advice

Thanks

Dazz584

fishgeek
Mon May 28, 2007, 07:57 AM
if the fish are feeding i woud try to get your medication in orally

ideally a faceal examination would help you identify the possible causative agent

andrew