PDA

View Full Version : More new discus.. :)

mtchye
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 08:36 AM
Hey everyone..

Well.. couldnt resist picking up some more discus.. Here are a few pics that don't do them justice... Hard to get a pic of the darker Super San Merah pair.. but the young reds are very outgoing.. :)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chye/new%20discus%201.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chye/new%20discus%202.jpg

Thanks again to the staff at SLS...

Vincent

happydiscus
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 08:54 AM
very nice color u got there

parasite
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 11:27 AM
u got some beauties there mate, best of luck.

ctvu
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
Aren't you lucky? they look awesom buddy

mtchye
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys, yeah they're great.. the red melons have since settled in (less than 24 hrs later) and are eating like pigs.. they've also regained colour to like half of the body.. can't wait till they grow a little and fully colour up :) Should have got more melons!

My white swan pair are harassing the super san merah pair a lot though. Any tips on how to reduce this?

flukes
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 04:21 PM
omg are they the passions.?? Oh missed that one too. :cry:

I neeed tank space fast.!!

mtchye
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 05:19 PM
Yup those are the passions. As Kev explained to me, all the red, none of the black speckling :)

africandiscus
Thu Oct 14, 2004, 11:02 PM
Are you removing the gravel?

mtchye
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 01:05 AM
Its actually a bare bottom tank but some gravel fell in when I put in the peppermint catfish... I suck out a little every time I siphon the poo so I'm sure it'll disappear over time. :)

I use black self adhesive book cover contact as the background and on the sides, but I'm told now its not a good idea as the fry like dark objects.

Next time I do a tank I might do it in bright blue or white?

Cheers
Vincent

flukes
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 02:20 AM
Also with pigeon bloods you want a light background too reduce speckling.

Light blue is good.

mtchye
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 05:46 AM
Thanks. Oh, here is a better pic of a Super San Merah.. an awesome fish!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chye/super%20san%20merah%201.jpg

ml29
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 05:51 AM
Very nice, I've got come around to check them out sometime.

mtchye
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah the Super sans are soooo hard to take photos of. They are much better off viewing in the flesh. You are welcome to pop by for sure. I wouldn't mind taking a peek at your red snakeskins too in the future! :)

And now I'm tempted to get some more fish lol.. does it ever end??

flukes
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 12:43 PM
What size where those passions???

Kev- Where those from Ivan Serah?? Just wondering because i was told not too bother with any passions other than ivans. How much you think a pair of them would cost me..??

weird
Fri Oct 15, 2004, 01:02 PM
The Super San Merah pair are gorgeous. Nice pics.

btw Merah is the indonesian/malay word for red :P

mtchye
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 12:25 AM
The passions I didn't measure.. but they are small, about 6-7cm? I don't know where they are from...

The san merah pair are really awesome. I think this is definitely a fish to see in the flesh. REALLY hard to take photos of for some reason... I had to snap 20ish photos to get that half decent pic...

kevkoi
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 12:57 AM
Flukes, I think the name you are looking for is Ivan Seah. Discus breeder in Singapore. I have no doubt that Ivan produces some very nice passions. However these fish I have do not come directly from Ivan but fish get traded between Singapore and Penang breeders so often, the parent stock may have been.
*Shrugs*

Mr San created the San merah strain....

Red in Malay is "Merah".

San Merah = San's Red.... how simple is that. :wink: