PDA

View Full Version : discus sex

scuba123cliff
Sat May 19, 2007, 10:22 AM
The subject has more than likely been covered a million times before but you guys talk freely about it. Discus sex what is the secret to sexing discus short of watching them spawn.Is there a magic hand shake i need to learn before this secret becomes mine ,i would even give my first born (a 17 year old boy who loves heavey metal music)for the answer to my quest of the discus sexes.
Thanks
Cliff
(my wife says the boy stays)

discus lover01
Sat May 19, 2007, 09:17 PM
Hi cliff it's impossible to tell with 100% accuracy what sex a discus is without seeing them spawn and seeing there breeding tubes you can have an educated guess but thats all it is before u see the tubes a guess.
Sometimes you get lucky and are right most times your wrong and there is just no way to tell this without them spawning so you have not missed any secret handshake thing and are not excluded from any little club LOL everyone is in the same boat and thats the hard thing with discus you can not buy them at 8-9cm and say thats a boy thats a girl give me 2 you have to buy 10 and hope you get 1-2 pairs.
Goodluck finding the holy grail and if you i will give my sons sons sons sons and have fun trying to find it.
if anyone says they can tell with 100% accuracy i would be wary as this can not happen before they see them spawn educated guesssing is all it is you can llok at head size fin size and shape everything but as discus all grow different you cant go by this either.
good luck to your quest LOL