PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Breeding Pair Blue Rams. (sydney)

marshes
Fri May 18, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Interested in buying breeding pair of blue rams.

Thanks
Andrew

Pm or msn or reply here. I check daily.

Th0mas
Sat May 19, 2007, 12:42 AM
Hi Andrew,

Given the current popularity of dwarf cichlids (comparing to the main stream players), it would be rather difficult to find breeders who have spare breeding pairs for sales. Probably good size juvenile to sub-adult fish is more likely.

Check in one of our sponsor here (Fish Rocks), they might be able to help you on this.

I also suggest apistogramma as an alternative, which I can offer some agassizi Tefe at the moment (sub-adult).

Cheers,
Thomas.

DiscusMad
Sat May 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
if you go to Lam's aquarium in parramatter they have good stock at great prices

AussieStar
Sun May 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
if you go to Lam's aquarium in parramatter they have good stock at great prices
i was there today. they have some many it isnt funny lol

BT Gunner
Sun May 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
its pretty hard to find good colourful blue rams these days!

Skitz
Mon May 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Aparrently, the German Blue Rams are the ones which are more colourful. I've had a pair before, and they have so much colour it isn't funny. I also have a pair of Balloon Blue Rams which are pretty colourful. But I wouldn't suggest to go where I bought them.

We were going to swap some Kribensis fry (about 5 months old) and they gave us a ridiculously low price, about a 1/3 of what they offered over the phone (and yes, we know this price was low, because we have swapped them before for credit it another place). Anyway, as they counted them they put them in their own water in a bag, and then added our water. Anyway, we said no to the deal and took them home, by the time we got home they were all dead !!. They were perfectly fine when we left home that morning. Happy healthy 5 month old fry. So we rung the place up, and they wouldn't take any ownership for the problem, saying that if we had swapped we wouldn't have had the problem. The owner of the shop was a b**tch (not sure if I can write that here !!).

We were offered $15 for 20 fish. We hadn't taken all the fish, and had another 20 at home, which we swapped at another place and got $40. Big difference.

marshes
Mon May 21, 2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks, Ill check out lams.

Skitz
Tue May 29, 2007, 07:10 AM
My mum was interested in getting into Dwarf cichlids. You see the Kribensis around plenty, and the Bolivian butterflys, some blue rams (and germans if your lucky). I've seen Gold rams too once or twice but nothing else other than that.

In the past few weeks we have literally been over Sydney looking at the various aquariums and haven't found much at all.

Did find some mighty nice discus' at Fish Rock though.

BT Gunner
Tue May 29, 2007, 07:38 AM
I know some Aquarium shop in Canley Vale has some pretty cheap fish, but like all fish shops, you might be unlucky to kill all your fish when you introduce new fish!
make sure the fish shop water is clean, its not worth killing your expensive fish

Skitz
Tue May 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
Have been to Canley Vale a few weeks back. There is 3 shops. 2 are near each other. 1 has the most dodgy discus there (cloudly eyes, far too many in too small a tank etc etc). The other shop has quite a few discus, and at quite a reasonable price.

I bought a spotted snakeskin - about 5cm for $39. At the time I also bought some live plants. Not sure who was the cause, but a few days later I found I had white spot in the tank, on a few other fish (a werner angel & a balloon ram), but not on the new discus. 2 treatments of white spot stuff cleared it up no probs. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or related to the new addition.