PDA

View Full Version : what chemicals to use??

Andy123
Tue May 15, 2007, 09:58 PM
hi
at the moment i am useing prime(nearly out) and stress zyme(also nearly out). i think the prime is a great chemical and im not to sure about the stress zyme as a lfs said that he doesnt use it and that there is a better quality one out there... the prime treats amonia, nitrites ect and helps them stay low(if not 0). it also takes out chlorine,chloramine and nitrate ansd aslo helps provide slime coat. the stress zyme speeds developing of biological filter, and helps clean dirt in the tank.
do i use these chemicals again or should i use a different one. the biological filter is well established so does that mean i dont need the stress zyme anymore??

what chemicals do u use and what do they do for the tank???

thanx again

endless
Tue May 15, 2007, 10:28 PM
Just use prime. Thats all u need. Gets rid of chlorine and chloramine which is your main concern.

Merrilyn
Wed May 16, 2007, 05:45 AM
I'm with endless.

Stay with Prime. It's been well proven over years of use.

The simpler you keep it, the better. Lots of water changes and Prime is all you need to keep your discus happy and healthy.

samir
Wed May 16, 2007, 05:53 AM
I'm with them too :P I use prime + Aquamaster pond ph down. keep my ph around 5 :shock: its a Brilliant way of doing things :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merrilyn
Wed May 16, 2007, 06:29 AM
Hehehe

U funny samir.

Brilliant in fact :wink: :wink:

fiftycal
Wed May 16, 2007, 07:59 AM
I learn about bacteria, etc in uni and I have no faith in commercial bacterial additive stuff at all. This includes things like yakult.

Unless the bacterial additive for filters is refridgerated, i am very sure it wont work. Even with refridgeration I am still doubtful