PDA

View Full Version : WTB Red Lotus plant

Roy
Tue May 15, 2007, 05:58 AM
Hey All,

After a single red lotus plant, small to medium size as it will have space to grow out.
Willing to pay $20 incl shipping to Melbourne.
PM me if you can help out.

Thanks,

Roy

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 06:34 AM
Scotty Bils this is his DF name and he has some i am not sure if he was selling any but he does have a few plants worth i think send him a pm he has started the post in this section about adelaide breeders of discus.
goodluck with finding that

Scotty Bils
Tue May 15, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have about a dozen rowing in my tank at the moment.

I have never sold them interstate before....wouldnt even know how to pack them!! I am guessing I would put them in a bag full of air for protection in a box?

I have attached a picture.

I am using CO2 and Dupla iron. I do not use any other ferts.

Let me know if you are still keen.

Cheers
Scott

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
hi scotty the way to pack live plants as i have had them sent to me when i bought them b4 is to soaxk news paper really wet and put the plant inside it then you put inside a fish bag and then into an express airbag and the plants make it there no worries well they have with the ones i have had sent here.
talk soon mate hope it works out

fish_r
Tue May 15, 2007, 12:21 PM
another good way to pack em is to use an old 1 to 2lt cordial/juice container "thoroughly cleaned" last time i sent plants wrapped in newspaper to a forum member, they were rotten by the time they got there :( but i didnt send them express and it took a few days...

Roy
Tue May 15, 2007, 10:50 PM
Ive found the newspaper method is ok for stem plants, but anything with broad leaves that spreads out its no good, they tend to get crushed.

In a bag with a little bit of water in a box should be fine, that way it wont get crushed !

Will send you a PM.

Roy