PDA

View Full Version : leaping fish

scuba123cliff
Mon May 14, 2007, 09:59 AM
Out to feed the fish i notice that one of my angelfish looks more like a discus than an angel ,strange i thought so i scooped him up and put him back with his own kind.Half an hour later i go back out and find that im one discus short a quick recount using all my fingers and toes,yes i am one short but he is not in with his angelfish buddies but on the ground covered in dust and c--p.Dont know why he jumped out maybe someone can shed some light on this for me .

Cliff

the german
Mon May 14, 2007, 10:03 AM
one of the things,just happen some time,a shadow or someting what scared them,maybe when you left the room and they dart arround the tank and this one jumped out :cry:
you should think about thicker glass on top of your tanks.

scuba123cliff
Mon May 14, 2007, 10:09 AM
I must be honest i dont have lids on my tanks thats the first time its happened might look at putting some on .

Cliff

scott bowler
Mon May 14, 2007, 10:14 AM
yes cliff that may be a good idea hehe as german said mate fish spook easy and can go of and jump around . all so some times a parasite can make then freak out and jump too

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 04:46 AM
i dont have any tanks without lids as i have lost discus b4 to them jumping out of tanks and i feel all discus tanks and discus lovers should have lids on there tanks or something on the top to stop losing a good fish to suicicde.
Dont know why they jump out maybe there performing for a toyota car commercial and forget there fish but who knows i would say you need lids on ya tanks to stop this happening