PDA

View Full Version : Plant problem....a good one though

Scotty Bils
Sun May 13, 2007, 05:35 AM
Good Afternoon,

I have been running this tank now for about 9 months (Had tanks for about 6 years) and I am getting sick and tired of throwing plants away. Yes thats right, whenever I go a fortnightly trim of wysteria I end up with about 10-15 bunches and they go straight into the green waste bin. Now thats no big deal, "its only wysteria!" I hear you say but as you may see (or not with the crappy photo) I have heaps and heaps of crypts (two types) and the red tiger lotus are starting to go nuts! (In the front left) :) Plus blue stricta and vallis. The tank really needs to be thinned out.

The crypts really need to go to a home with CO2 (or pretty good water conditions) or else they may rot.

Does anyone want to swap plants for discus? Maybee a local breeder wants some plants? I am happy to pay a cash difference if the discus is something special. Currently I have four discus - not that you can see them! They love the amazon!

I am happy to give all my water & tank specs etc if you wish, just let me know. It is a 280litre 4 foot tank for perspective. 4x18"x20"

I am in Woodcroft South Australia (Souther Suburbs). Anyone near by that can help me?

scott bowler
Sun May 13, 2007, 11:20 AM
wow scotty i would love to have that prob hehe looks great ,

fish_r
Sun May 13, 2007, 11:25 AM
no discus from me to swap for plants, but ur tank looks good :) thats the reason i got rid of the stem plants, cause i was so sick of trimming all the time, could never get my crypts to grow that well though, well done :wink:

foo
Mon May 21, 2007, 12:24 AM
Wow Scotty,

Wish I had the same problem as you do... by the way... what lighting are u using?

Noddy65
Mon May 21, 2007, 12:37 AM
Another option mate is to take your clipping to the LFS and get some credit...Ive never been turned down and its been a long time since Ive paid cash for anything for my fish.

Mike

AussieStar
Mon May 21, 2007, 07:44 AM
Another option mate is to take your clipping to the LFS and get some credit...Ive never been turned down and its been a long time since Ive paid cash for anything for my fish.

Mike

his is exactly what i do. I have working all my crdit up towards my new setup

Scotty Bils
Mon May 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
I will have to go down to the LFS then!! I have so much Wysteria to get rid of!!! I hope the LFS will ive me some credit or swap for some amazon swords.

Cheers guys,

Scott

Scotty Bils
Mon May 28, 2007, 10:48 AM
I will have to go down to the LFS then!! I have so much Wysteria to get rid of!!! I hope the LFS will ive me some credit or swap for some amazon swords.

Cheers guys,

Scott