PDA

View Full Version : Discus and tank pics....updated 5-11-07

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
Here are quite a few updated pics....the pigeon looks good, the ribbon is getting huge! and they are all getting rather used to me and friendly to me....prolly a lot due to lady red's recipe :wink:

Thanks.....comments and suggestions are def. welcome, and appreciated....riccia comes monday, and I plan on doing some rearranging this weekend, in order to be better "prepared" for it

Thanks again

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:53 PM
More :D

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:55 PM

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:58 PM

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 12:01 AM
And some tank shots :D

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 12:03 AM
A lot of what you see there is the wysteria, and Im only leaving it there for the excess nutrients, they will get removed shortly, but they are growing well

3 more and thats it for now! :D

Thanks for your help!

fish_r
Sat May 12, 2007, 08:02 AM
every things looking very healthy Erk :)
wow u have been busy with the camera havn't u lol :)
i like the lay out, only thing i would do is trim that lotus down, maybe leaving one or two long leaves till u get some small one coming up then trim the remaining long leaves.

scott bowler
Sat May 12, 2007, 09:19 AM
good work Erk it is a very nice looking tank . as Rob said healthy keep it up

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks rob and scott....yes, quite busy with the camera! haha :D

I trimmed the lotus, and the sword plant on the left behind the driftwood is gonna get moved when I do my water change today.....it blockes the green lotus too much, and I may put it in the middle (between the two pieces of driftwood) and move the lil wysteria somewhere else, and I dunno what to do with the big sword (i think its a radican) on the right (very tall and wide leaves) its in front of my new giant hygro, and I think I would like to see the hygro a lil more....it doesnt seem to grow very fast, but we will see what happens, if I give it a lil more room

Thanks again....may have to get more pics again later today after the water change! :D

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 07:51 PM
Here are some better pics (got a hold of a better camera :wink: )

Did my waterchange, and moved some things around....hopeful the rotala mac will fill in the left hand side

I took out the onion plant, and some big sword that grew leaves way wider and taller then I thought

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 07:53 PM

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 07:55 PM

Erk
Sun May 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
Two more pics I got while "trying" to get pics of other things in the tank....one of the group, and one of the ocean....he has gotten big lately :shock:

all three of them are quite mean to the scorpion, who hasnt really grown, looks a lil thin and doesnt get to eat much....even the lil pigeon is mean to him.....actually that pigeon is the meanest of the three to the scorpion :(

The scorpion sure tries to eat, and other then looking a lil skinny, he seems fine, not dark or anything...not really staying in a corner or anything, but he does hide behind plants most of the time, cause he gets chased around when he is out, so to me, most of the time it appears as tho I have three discus in the tank :(

Again....sorry about the quality of the pics

k0b0i
Mon May 28, 2007, 03:15 AM
Love the photos..

Get a bit trigger happy when snapping away! hehe keep them coming!

k0b0i

Erk
Mon May 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks k0b0i :D

I will try that....its tough, its like the camera wont let me keep snapping pics :? It makes me wait until ITS ready! haha....I will play around with it some more today! :) I need to invest in a good one of my own

Thanks again :D

Erk
Tue May 29, 2007, 09:54 PM
a few more pics, with the "crappy" camera from work :?

Erk
Tue May 29, 2007, 09:55 PM
2 more for now

scott bowler
Wed May 30, 2007, 05:34 AM
nice updates Erk that red fish of your in the front have awesome shape mate nice work

Erk
Wed May 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks a lot scott....he is def. the biggest, and he eats a lot, Im very happy with his shape right now....the ocean green isnt too far off either

I just wish the scorpion was more "active" he is round, but skinny :(

Thanks again, I will update again, when I get my hands on the "good" camera again :D

fish_r
Wed May 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
looks like it's coming along Great Erick :)
good job, got ur Co2 reg yet ?

Erk
Wed May 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
Thank Rob, no it hasnt arrived yet :( :(

Im keeping my fingers crossed for today tho!

The poor plants look the same to me daily when I see them now :(

Erk
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:38 PM
Here are some more updated pics......redid the "aquascape" a lil bit, so suggestions are quite welcomed! :D Sorry bout the quality of these pics...I will update again, when I can get my hands on the "good" camera :lol:

Still waiting for my reg. to arrive :evil:

Erk
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:39 PM

Erk
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:42 PM

Erk
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 12:48 PM
Last 3:D

Thank you, and suggestions are welcomed! Im planning on ordering more plants soon :shock: Some of the ones I have in there may get "removed" so lemme have it!

Im planning on putting riccia all over the bottom on the right side of my "bridge" of driftwood, as well as on that "bridge" prolly just leave it black substrate in the "valley" that runs from the middle to the back under the "bridge" and I think the left side of the bridge will just be plants, no riccia....was thinking of moving that big sword thats in the middle of the "bunch" on the left behind the driftwood or removing it all together, and pushing the rotala mac back and planting some dwarf subulata in front of it....maybe some rotala indica, magenta, or wallichii and some diandra in the place of that sword also....I dunno :shock: :lol:

So feel free to leave suggestions!

Thanks again! :D
Eric

fish_r
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 01:21 PM
looking good Eric
only thing i would move would be the wisteria @ the front, cause unless ur going to constantly trim it, it will go crazy when u get ur pressurized setup and u wont be able to see ur other nice plants behind it. maybe a bit of dwarf sag there instead ?

gotta love that green algae on the back wall lol, i'm still having problems with it too :P wretched stuff :roll:

Erk
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks fish_r....I was thinking that group of wysteria would prolly get removed, and maybe that sword that bugs me :? will go in place of the bunch of wysteria in the back middle, behind the driftwood, so then I wouldnt have any wysteria? I dunno yet, but I appreciate your suggestions....what is dwarf sag, compared to dwarf subulata? I will look to see if the site im gonna order from has the sag, and see what it looks like! :D

Yeah, I moved pretty much every plant sunday night to get to this arrangement, and stirred up a lot of stuff, so I vac'd and was all done, and realized what was now able to be seen on the back glass! haha...I said "I will get that on the next water change!" hahaha....yeah, def. wretched stuff!

I hope you get yours under control! please share the secret! haha...my algae looks pretty decent other then that, and Im not really using any ferts, and I only have one of those red sea bio systems hooked up now! I hope the reg arrives soon!! :roll: :evil:

fish_r
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 02:16 PM
Dwarf sag
http://www.plantgeek.net/images/plantpics/sagcarpet.jpg

Erk
Tue Jun 05, 2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks very much fish_r.....they seem to have dwarf subulata, and sag, but I didnt see "dwarf sag" but I do see it now...just had to look a lil harder.....looks good tho! :D

If im allowed to post it, here is where they are prolly gonna come from....they have tons of plants! I really like all the different rotala plants!

http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aquarium_Plants_s/1.htm

Thanks again for your suggestion, will put it in the works soon! Im not rushing it tho, since the reg. isnt here yet, I know I will be able to grow pretty much whatever I want after it gets hooked up, but I think I can def. start getting some real suggestions, since this is pretty much the layout to play with! :D

Erk
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 12:49 PM
Got some new plants and some glosso on thursday of last week.....pressurized co2 got hooked up on saturday, so Im just sitting back and waiting! haha :D

Here are some pics of the tank with the new plants in....def. have to do some rearranging soon....im just waitng to see how things grow right now!

Any suggestions on moving things around are greatly apprecitated :D

Thanks very much...as always! :D

Erk
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 12:50 PM
couple more :D

ILLUSN
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
Looking good mate, that ocean green is REALY comming on well

Erk
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks ILLUSN! Yeah the ocean is really doing well! Getting very big, but the ribbon is still a tad bigger! But its kind of a competition between the ocean and the ribbon on who runs the tank....its fun to watch! I just feel bad for the scorpion! He gets picked on by the ocean, and the lil pigeon :(

I will try to update with new pics again in a week or so, if I have some good plant growth....I will get a hold of a better camera for them too! :lol:

fish_r
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 02:15 PM
looking good Eric, will look great when it all fills out, which shouldnt take long now uv'e got ur pressurissed going :)

Erk
Mon Jun 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks Rob! :D

Yep thats what Im hoping for! I already have a taker on my first bucket of trimmings! hahaha! It will be nice to see things grow and fill in, and then finally get this layout under control! :lol:

I cant wait for the riccia to grown, so I can play around with that!

Thanks for your help with all this :D
Eric