PDA

View Full Version : blue ram pics

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
Here are two pics of my new blue rams :D sorry they are a lil blurry...have the digital all weekend, so I will update, hopefully with better ones too! :wink: I may have another camera available to me, and I can check for iso speed on it....this one I have right now, I cant find it on :(

Anyways, I couldnt wait to get them on here...they arent very blue yet, but they ate lady red's recipe, and some colorbits when I got home from work :D

Please excuse the algae, any snails, and the poor poor new rotala mac :cry: Im hopeful it will come back

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:39 PM
Ok, nevermind....here is some more! haha :D The one female seems to like to hang out in the tiger lotus by herself :? I need to trim that plant too!

Again, sorry if some are blurry! haha.....def. hard to get them to stay still! :wink:

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 11:41 PM
More :D

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 01:01 AM
Got one female I believe already hanging out in the back right corner, near the filter, at the top of the water, all but straight up and down :(

fish_r
Sat May 12, 2007, 07:55 AM
nice looking fish m8, they look like they have some nice colour already in some of the pics, good job :) i'm sure u'll love em... told u there hard to get pics of lol, there skitty little buggers that dont stay still for long...

DiscusEden
Sat May 12, 2007, 11:05 AM
That's what you need - lovely little fish! Well done!

Hope your female comes good!

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys, they do look neat to me, and the female is still there, floating almost vertical at the top of the water, I put some beefheart mix in front of her last night, and she swam away to find the other two, but never ate, and today she is still doing the same thing....prolly wont be too long for her :(

Thanks tho, Im trying to feed them the beefheart and colorbits, so maybe they will get a lil more blue :)

kinezo
Sat May 12, 2007, 12:17 PM
hey erk/...

great choice of fishes mate
i love them also..
i got about 20 pairs...
but there jsut too many in one tank...

so im trying to organise some small tanks and breed these litttle fellas

they are nice fishes and have great personalities....

good luck wiht urs.. they'll breed like rabbits and fight like crazy.. but they are soo cute
tyr post u some pic of mine..

cheers
keep up the good work
kinezo

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks kinezo! :D

I do like them so far, just wish the one female would come around :(

Good luck with breeding yours! I dunno how much mine will breed. The LFS said the lower the pH the better your chances are of them breeding, and my pH is 7.0, so I dunno, but we will see

I would enjoy seeing pics of yours when you can post some....I know now its hard to get good pics of them! haha

Thanks again :D
Eric

fish_r
Sat May 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
sorry to hear about ur female m8, hope it pulls through ok ?
from what iv'e read soft water is the go for breeding too, but u should be ok there running RO
good luck with it all :)
Rob...

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
She has been swimming around A LITTLE, Im not sure, but my g/f helped me net them when going from transport bag, to fish tank, after acclimation, so as not to mix the LFS water from the bag with the tank water.....but I was counting as she was letting them go in the tank, and I was on two...so one def. got stuck in the net for a lil bit, and maybe the warmer water was just a lil shock also.....I will keep you posted, and keep my eye on her, but she seemed a lil better so far today....just did a water change, and rearranged some things....pics should hopefully be up later

Eric

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
more....with the "other" camera :D I like this camera wayyy better :wink:

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
more :D

Erk
Sat May 12, 2007, 10:56 PM
Yup...she is a gonner now :( Still 2 left, one male, and one female

fish_r
Sun May 13, 2007, 08:31 AM
sorry to hear u lost one of ur females m8 :(
they are gorgeous looking fish Erk uv'e done well, i'm jealous. dont think my German rams will look that good.
nice pics too :)

kinezo
Sun May 13, 2007, 09:34 AM
hey erk..
as promised i just took some snaps of my rams messing about in there overcrowed tank lol...

these are just phone camera pics.. so please bare with them as they not very clear..

but yeh..

sorry for ur loss mate.. ive lost a few in the past... but as long as it wasnt human error.. u cant really blame urself.. just hang in there.. and dun give up..
good luck

in the firs tpic.. i had to put the pair into a smaller tank.. so that the eggs wouldnt get pinched by other rams or the kribensis.. they are all hatched now.. and only 3 bad eggs.. not bad hatch rate.. they just about to free swim.. they got lil eyes..

kinezo

kinezo
Sun May 13, 2007, 09:37 AM
some more fo the lil gang

Erk
Sun May 13, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks fish_r, I do think they are nice looking fish, not very blue yet, like yours, or maybe yours looked blue cause of the lighting?

Anyways, yeah its a shame I lost the one female, but I still have one of each, and they seem to get along.....got an issue right now...again! All my fish are at the top of the tank vertical, like the ram was yesterday....dunno if I need to replace my airstone or what....have a thread going in the emergency room section

Thanks again for your help! i look forward to watching these fish grow, if they make it! haha :?

Erk
Sun May 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
Those are great pics and great looking fish kinezo! :D

Good luck with them, and the babies!

Thanks for the pictures :D
Eric

AussieStar
Sun May 13, 2007, 10:58 AM
I love these fish to death, cant wait to get the new plnted tank setup

fish_r
Sun May 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
i saw ur post in the emergency room m8, i was so sad to hear whats going on, wish u all the best in getting it sorted m8.

Erk
Sun May 13, 2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks AussieStar :D I really like these fish now too! I had a bit of a scare, but I think things are under control now...did lose one female ram

I cant wait to see pics of you setup when its ready

Thanks again :D
Eric

kinezo
Mon May 14, 2007, 10:44 AM
hey all

jsut wanted to show u quick updates.. they started free swimming today...

so fingers crossed..
was told.. hardest part to breeding these lil guys was raising the fry..

i'll see what happens? wish me luck hehe

kinezo

fish_r
Mon May 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
good luck kinezo :)

scott bowler
Mon May 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
wow you guys are going so well with these rams hehe well done i cant keep the bloody things alive love them cant have them they have me stuffed . i dont have probs with discus but these little guys mate .

AussieStar
Mon May 14, 2007, 11:14 AM
hey all

jsut wanted to show u quick updates.. they started free swimming today...

so fingers crossed..
was told.. hardest part to breeding these lil guys was raising the fry..

i'll see what happens? wish me luck hehe

kinezo

Very best of Luck. i never was able to raise the fry. So im watching to see what you do lol

kinezo
Mon May 14, 2007, 12:19 PM
Very best of Luck. i never was able to raise the fry. So im watching to see what you do lol

same.. this is 2nd try ... hope to just get one spawn going... then i'd have heaps lol..

but i'll keep u guys posted.. gonna hatch some bbs and see how we go.. atm they eating egg yolk..

also.. i was told.. these guys are hard to raise because they need to be feed like every 2 hours.. they just keep eating..

we'll see hehe fingers crossed

cheers
kinezo

nicholas76
Mon May 14, 2007, 01:02 PM
Well done Dat!

go figure you were Doctor death when it came to discus but your doing awsumly well with these fantastic fish lol kidding

good work more pictures in due course please.

Erk
Mon May 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
Looking good kinezo

Yes, updated pics soon

Good Luck!! :D
Eric

AussieStar
Sat May 19, 2007, 12:05 PM
any updates on the fry?

kinezo
Sun May 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
any updates on the fry?

good news so far mate..
they are still all alive and eating well..
they have doubled in size.. imo but hey are still tiny...
but definately bigger then first day swimming...

will take some happy snaps laters and post them ...

parents have been taken out.. fry are now on their own and eating bbs..

keep u guys posted...

kinezo

Ben
Sun May 20, 2007, 09:06 AM
your the ram Guru Kinezo!

I could never breed these little buggers!

kinezo
Sun May 27, 2007, 11:33 AM
so far still alrite...

i have lost probably 1/4 of the spawn from just few dying each day.. but im trying my best to feed them as much as i can..

atm.. the on a diet of just dry food and bbs...

tonite just gave them their first taste of live bbs...

they seems to love it..
and now u can see their bellys all bright orange...

heres an update..
they are slow growing imo.. but they are growing..

at least u can see they kind aput on some size hehe

heres jsut 3 quick pics just taken a few minutes ago..
soz.. had to update with phone camera.. its blurry as!

cheers
kinezo...

at an estimate.. i got probably 60 babies.. at a guess