PDA

View Full Version : whitening cloudy colour on discus fins???

axl
Fri May 11, 2007, 12:47 AM
Hi,
Last night i noticed that 1 of my new discus has got white cloudy colour on the edge of its fin and is slowly increasing to its body. I did a wc last wednesday night and i checked the ammonia and nitrite this morning and they were fine. The discus seems happy enough and it has increased in size this morning. Whats causing this and is it going to be an issue.??? How do i treat this.

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 01:37 AM
i'm not 100% on this but thats how fin rot started on my blue diamonds dorsal fin . just finished my 5 day course of myxazin and seems to be clearing up...

axl
Fri May 11, 2007, 01:54 AM
I have been talking to scott on the phone and he suggested just watch it for a couple of days and if it gets worse try some salt. Then if it dosent clear up treat with protozin. Is myxazin similiar to protozin meaning do they treat same the same things. cheers axl

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 04:26 AM
i would do the same b4 treating it, just watch it for a cpl of days, protozin is for white spot itch velvet, fungus diseases. Myxazin is an anti baterial. not sure of the difference ? but the myxazin seems to be doing the job for my fin rot...