PDA

View Full Version : Best schooling fish for a discus tank?

endless
Thu May 10, 2007, 07:13 AM
Just wondering whether anyone has any suggestions one which type of fish are best at schooling in a discus tank. My tank is an 8x2x2 and thinking introducing 50 or so schooling fish. Which of the following stays in a neat tight pack?

cardinal tetras
rummy nose
congo tetras
emperor tetras
black widow tetras (i think thats wot they are called)

any others?

scott bowler
Thu May 10, 2007, 07:19 AM
endless i think that rummy nose and cardinal tetras allways look awesome in a tank with discus. and on top rummys are a good indercater water condisons to if there is a prob they tend to loss there colour and start to die, not all the time but just as a rule

endless
Thu May 10, 2007, 07:52 AM
yeah i was thinking of rummy nose as well but do they school well in a tank with about 20 adult discus or do they tend to scatter around the tank

scott bowler
Thu May 10, 2007, 08:20 AM
no they will school with the big fish in there as well , it will make them school for saftey in numbers hehe

endless
Thu May 10, 2007, 08:28 AM
cool. rummy nose it is

King
Thu May 10, 2007, 09:54 AM
sissors tail school pretty good.

endless
Fri May 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
can scissor tail take the temperatures that discus live in?

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 08:14 AM
harlequin rasbora are another good schooling fish and look great in a big school. ive had rummy nose for over a yr now in with discus and there very hardy too and as Scott mentioned a good indicator fish...

1boatnut
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
harlequin rasbora are another good schooling fish and look great in a big school. ive had rummy nose for over a yr now in with discus and there very hardy too and as Scott mentioned a good indicator fish...

I agree. I have Harlequin Rasboras's and they look great,stay small,and school well