PDA

View Full Version : Got some white spots on the scorpions tail

Erk
Thu May 10, 2007, 12:20 AM
I noticed tonight and a lil bit last night, the scorpion seems to be hiding in the back right corner of the tank, near the filter intake tube :( When he was out for a lil bit, I noticed he had some white spots on his tail. Sorry I dont have a good camera to get pics with tonight....I will bring the one from work home tomorrow and get them up here....Just curious if anyone has any ideas

I routinely did a water change tonight, and I was starting to get into the habit of doing a larger amount.....so tonight was about 45% And since I have added only plant ferts, beside the norm for the pH, and to make the RO water safe for the discus

Just curious if anyone had any ideas

Thank you very much! :D

Erk
Thu May 10, 2007, 12:43 AM
Just fed them some more of lady red's recipe, and he comes out to eat as often as he cans until the ocean green bashes him away....it seems as tho he is more the bully now, and only gets picked on "occasionally" from the ribbon and I think the ocean has some spots on his tail also, could it be im just crazy, and this is from the fighting, and is no big deal??

Any suggestions, or comments.....move the ocean? Just let them have at it, as long as the scorpion eats?

Thank you :D

Merrilyn
Thu May 10, 2007, 07:11 AM
Eric if the white spots are confined to the tails of the fish, (and not the other fins or the body) then I believe it's just damage caused by fighting.

Fish get scar tissue on their fins when the fin rays get damaged. It's not serious, will fade a bit with time, but you'll always see it there.

If on the other hand, the fish are starting to develop white spots on other parts of the body, looking like they have been sprinkled with salt, then we're looking at something else altogether.

Keep an eye on them.

A bit of scrapping is normal with discus. Let them sort things out for themselves. You only need to step in in one is really getting the worst of it from all the other fish.

Erk
Thu May 10, 2007, 12:22 PM
Great news Merrilyn....thank you very much! I was hopeful that was all it was, the scorpion does come out to eat, and he usually picks up a big chunk of your recipe, then gets chased off by the ocean, but he eats!

I will keep an eye on things...I noticed this before in the past, with the scorpion, so I kinda thought maybe this was all it was, but I dont like him hiding in the corner all the time

There isnt any spots on the other two fish, aside from peppering, and nothing on any other fins, and none on their bodies, but I will watch things

I wont intervene with their scrapping right now, its just odd how things change with them...now the ocean is the bully, and only gets picked on by the ribbon....and pretty much everyone leave the littlest pigeon alone

Thanks again! :D