PDA

View Full Version : Albino turq

DiscusEden
Sun May 06, 2007, 02:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking (she's thinking) of breeding her, so I'd love it if you could tell me what you think her strengths and weaknesses are, to find her the most suitable partner possible. So be as honest as you like - I'd apperciate it!

Also wondering if you think she's develping a double chin from overfeeding?

TIA!

DiscusEden
Sun May 06, 2007, 02:32 PM
Try adding pics. :banghead

scott bowler
Mon May 07, 2007, 08:09 AM
hi DE its a nice fish it has a farely good shape, the eye look good to body size , it has good colour for an albino ,and it looks very healthy well done

samir
Mon May 07, 2007, 08:25 AM
nice stripes 8-)

Namn8r
Mon May 07, 2007, 09:57 AM
I thought she had paired with your FOTU DE?

DiscusEden
Mon May 07, 2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys! I love her stripes too!

Do you think she's getting a double chin that's ruining her shape? (Is this the fish equivalent of "does my bum look big in this?")

I thought she had paired with your FOTU DE?

She thinks that too. But I suspect this breeding fish thing should be about improving the fish by creating pairs that minimise each other's faults to improve the strains, so eventually getting her the most suitable partner (or recognising why her current one is), is the idea.

Before I can do that, I need to understand this fish's strengths & weaknesses. And I'm too biased now, because she's my pretty Alby, who comes first for the food & pats from my fingers when she's feeding & follows me round the room. Lovely Alby! (Thanks Bec & Wayne!) :D

So as you can see, I need help. To critique her. Thanks again guys!

discus lover01
Sat May 19, 2007, 03:25 AM
HI DE very nice fish it's hard to know what causes faults or if they are even faults some times we are over critical of our own fish but i can see what u mean about the double chin thing and it isnt that bad. It hasn't ruined her shape. I was going to ask what is the lump on one side but dont know if it's just a picture thing
it's the second to last pics there looks to be a lump in middle of body?
But her stripes are nice and she has nice eye shape and body shape is good i think it would be jut like 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other which way you go with breeding this one.
And i would put it with what ya first instinct was

discus lover01
Sat May 19, 2007, 03:35 AM
(Quoteyet that it has ruined her shape i was going to ask )

this is meant to read Hasnt ruined her shape sorry for the typo DE

DiscusEden
Mon May 21, 2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, she does have a lump - both sides, about even on both. It has been there the whole time & doesn't seem to bother her - she's the first up to get food & laid eggs again yesterday with the FOTU.