PDA

View Full Version : Running out of space!

eykw
Thu May 03, 2007, 03:00 PM
hi there, just wondering if anyone has tried placing a tank outside, say on the back verandah *i don't have a garage* i am running out of space for tanks. and that's the only plan i can come up with. has anyone actually done it? would this work? any suggestions/recommendations? i live in Sydney. of course i won't be putting my discus outside but maybe the poor angels in a 2.5 ft tank... :ug maybe i should sale some fish and start looking for a house with garage!

FishLover
Thu May 03, 2007, 05:06 PM
I think the summer time will be fine. Winter will not be OK for tropical fish outside. You will have to take them in. Some people do that and the fish outside is actually healthier than inside. The problem is when winter hits, you want to move them all in or they will all die.

Also, you will have to watch the wire too. Most tank equipt are built for indoor use. Expose them to rain water will have problems.

eykw
Sat May 05, 2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks for that FL! Guess will have to wait till summer and do some planning then. hahaha there is a lot of talk about global warming here. this could be a little point use by JH!!! :colour