PDA

View Full Version : more eggs :)

fish_r
Tue May 01, 2007, 02:53 AM
my blue rams have been very protective of one corner of my 5ft discus tank and looked in there this morning and i have eggs
here's a pic of mum and dad and their eggs.
"excuse the green spot algae"

Erk
Tue May 01, 2007, 02:57 AM
Wow! Congrates fish_r! :D After joining this forum and seeing those blue rams, I really gave some thought about getting them, but now its too late...maybe if something "dissapears" one day I can get a couple, but yours look really nice!! :D

Keep up the great work! I like the pictures too...great photography work! I will put some pics up tomorrow hopefully of my planted tank with all four discus in it :D

fish_r
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:15 PM
thx Erk :) but they were short lived, i just caught my black ghost knife munchin out on em and he ate the lot and the rams were just watchin him, not much they could do :( thats the last straw for the GKF he's going as soon as i can get him out !!!
the rams in that tank dont have real good colour unfortunitely, but i have German blue rams in the the other discus tank and they look lots better :)

look forward to seeing pics of ur discus in the planted tank m8 :)

Erk
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks fish_r...pics are up! Im sorry to hear about your eggies!! :( Good luck getting that fish outta the tank! I know thats a real pain sometimes!! I think the german blue rams are the ones I was thinking of....oh well, I def. should relax and NOT buy anymore fish! hahaha! I do think the ones in your photos look good tho! :D

DiscusEden
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:19 PM
Congrats fish_r!

Pity about the GKF. But I guess if something was capable of putting 240 volts through me, I'd be pretty reluctant to try to fight it off too.

But if they can do it once, they can do it again, yay!

Any pics of your germans yet?

fish_r
Tue May 01, 2007, 02:01 PM
cheers DE
i wasnt happy when i saw the bugger eating them lol, id'e actually forgotten about him, i only see it at feeding time anyway so no use him being in there ! it's grown lots though :wink:
no "good" pics of the Germans yet as there skitty little buggers and all i get is blurred photo's :( might have to wait till there a bit bigger as there pretty small atm...

Thanks fish_r...pics are up
i cant find the pics ? where are they ?

Erk
Tue May 01, 2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry...missed this somehow.....the pics are at www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11913

Thanks! :D

DiscusEden
Wed May 02, 2007, 01:59 PM
No wonder he's grown. Ram caviar.....

fish_r
Thu May 03, 2007, 12:00 PM
yep lol ram caviar :) think he might of had discus caviar too :) went into aggies today and there going to buy it off me along with the pair of discus i dont want any more too...

Namn8r
Thu May 03, 2007, 12:24 PM
Heres a tip....leave your lights on.. I have Rams in the community tank and they manag to look after the young alright when you leave the lights on. Its when you turn off the lights that the catties get the babies. Got 2 more days before the fr become free swimming!

fish_r
Thu May 03, 2007, 12:52 PM
the lights were on Namn8r :( but the GKF is pretty large and all the rams could do was sit and watch :( will leave a light on though when i get GKF is gone.
congrats on the fry Namn8r :)
here's a blured pic i managed to get of one of my baby Germans...

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 10:40 AM
the blue rams layed again today and managed to get a cpl of better pics of them this time.

the german
Fri May 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
there are nice fish,hope you get some fry all the way to the stage they can fight against all predators.

scott bowler
Fri May 11, 2007, 10:46 AM
they look great fish_r good little fish mate

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 10:52 AM
hopefully i will get fry but it's only there second lay so maybe not ? there pretty aggressive at the moment so fingers crossed they will keep the other fish @ bay. i sold the ghost knife which ate the eggs last time.
i'm pretty happy with these fish considering there standard rams there pretty colourfull :)

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
wow! Great pics fish_r! :D They are very pretty looking fish! :)

Good luck with the eggies this time! You just leaving them go in the community tank??

I hope you get some fry this time too! :D

Lemme know how you make out with the aggressiveness :D

Eric

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 01:01 PM
thx Erk, bit easier to get pics when there gaurding the eggs...
yep just going to leave em in the com tank as iv'e got too much going on @ the moment, got fry in another tank too :) didnt notice till after i had sucked a few through the syphon hose :( managed to keep about a dozen though...
as for the aggressiveness it's nothing too bad, but there was some head butting going on with one of the other rams this arvo lol. if any thing gets too close they just get chased of with there tail between there fins lol...

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 01:09 PM
Gotta watch that syphon hose! haha...I almost sucked up my $20US queen arabesque wednesday doing my water change with the gravel vac! haha....dunno if I actually COULD have done that, but I didnt see her where I was vacuuming! haha

if any thing gets too close they just get chased of with there tail between there fins lol...

Sounds like they are fun to watch! I cant wait to see my rams with the lights on today when I get home from work! :D

Good luck with everything...you certainly do have your hands full! :D Hope you have weekends off :wink:
Eric

fish_r
Fri May 11, 2007, 03:07 PM
u will have to be careful with ur vac m8 cause the rams in my tank try to attack it lol and i sucked one up the other night but they cant fit through the hole :wink: i shat my self when it went up lol
good luck with urs m8 they are a great little fish imo :)

Erk
Fri May 11, 2007, 03:13 PM
u will have to be careful with ur vac m8 cause the rams in my tank try to attack it lol and i sucked one up the other night but they cant fit through the hole i shat my self when it went up lol

hahaha.....I mainly laughing at the "shat my self" part! I hope it was ok after that! Def. have to be careful vacuuming! lol.....They try to attack it ehh? They sound like some great lil, funny, colorful fish....cant wait to really get a feel for their personality! :D

Thanks very much for the info, and help! :D

Good luck with yours, and your fry!
Eric