PDA

View Full Version : PH controller

ivo
Sat Apr 28, 2007, 02:48 AM
Hello, i like some feedback from fellow discus keepers whether PH controller is worthwhile to buy? i always a bit worry about the whole CO2 thing...seems scary to run! thanks.

Bald_noggin
Sat Apr 28, 2007, 03:09 AM
On my 2 foot tank, I used a pressurised system @ 2-3 bubbles per second and feed the CO2 into a small powerhead within my sump filter to help diffuse it. I also kept regularly checking the KH and pH.

However, with my new 6 footer, I'll be using a computerised controller (pretty soon, just reviewing this different brands) just because of the size and many other factors of many fish and plants plus I have also have a KH of 2-3 out of the tap (pH is usually 7.5-8.0). Not really a lot of pH buffering available, but I can drop the pH quite low without overdosing the fish on CO2.

Don't be scared by CO2. It can be quite daunting at first but if you talk to a good LFS that may even have a display tank with CO2. I'm sure they can guide you through it and show you how it connects together.

Plus there any MANY people within this forum who will help you out with any information you may desire. :D