PDA

View Full Version : FOTU pair with their first batch

jbickel
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 11:41 AM
Hi here is my breeding pair with their first batch of young at day 3 of free swimming stage... currently there about 30 fry ..
I quickly took the shot after turning the lights in the aquarium on as the fry get confused with bright lights ....crossing my fingers

scott bowler
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
they look awesome jb well done they look like they are going well

the german
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 12:19 PM
well done,you have to start your artemia hatchery today

fish_r
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
great looking fish jbickel
congrats :)

petdos
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
:ug Hi great fish,now for those of us newys that are still learning names,let alone abreviations,what are they ,thanks pete.

petdos
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:07 PM
:ug Hi great fish,now for those of us newys that are still learning names,let alone abreviations,what are they ,thanks pete.

fiftycal
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:13 PM
they are first of the universe

Scott, are you looking forward to taking your pair home, like I am? Theres gonna be 3 of us posting up pics of our FOTU pairs soon!

scott bowler
Sat Apr 28, 2007, 02:06 AM
hehe i am fifty it will be great

DiscusEden
Sat Apr 28, 2007, 02:26 AM
Lovely, lovely fish, and a joy to see them breeding.

btw Pete, a FOTU is a pigeonblood. A nice one, as you can see.

scott bowler
Mon Apr 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
jb update mate how are they going are they growing up ,hehe some more pics would be cool too hehe

jbickel
Tue May 01, 2007, 11:55 AM
here is the latest photo at day 6

scott bowler
Tue May 01, 2007, 12:07 PM
they look awesome and seem to be comeing along very nicely good work keep it up

Dat
Tue May 01, 2007, 12:58 PM
wow! congrats!
hey, do you keep your regular water changes or leave it for a while during this whole saga?

nicholas76
Tue May 01, 2007, 10:47 PM
Superb looking pair , and lovely fry!

fingers crossed for you

jbickel
Tue May 01, 2007, 11:16 PM
Hi Dat I am doing daily water changes ,but even then you still have to keep an eye on amonia levels, as scott nicely picked up when I told him some of the fins were fray on the mother.... Dont miss out on the water changes as you risk doing harm to the fry as well as the parents and you don't want to lose those.

Also I am doing 25% water change daily..

discus lover01
Thu May 10, 2007, 11:11 AM
wtg with FOTU juvies let me know when ready maybe interested in buying some off ya as they will be ready in about 10 weeks time and then i will be ready if you want to sell that is.
cheers

jbickel
Fri May 11, 2007, 12:53 AM
Hi discus lover01 at this stage don't know whether Im selling them or not since it was a small batch and I get a few casualties here and then don't know on how many I'll be left with ... also I have to look into on how to ship them interstate the best possible way ... I'd hate for people to buy fish and then find out they died on arrival or are worse for wear..
I do want to rest them for a month after this batch and treat them for worms and flukes and get them feeding up to be healthy so when they lay again hopefully get a bigger batch

Anyway I will put some photos in next week they wil be 3 weeks old by then.

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 04:58 AM
if you want any info on shipping just pm me and i will give you all info on how to ship and stuff and only on very odd times will you lose a fish 99% of time they make it there safely juviniles adults can be tricky and keel over but again 99% of time they arrive alive.
if you need any advice or packing and boxing info let me know

jbickel
Tue May 15, 2007, 11:00 AM
thanks discus lover I will definitely will want to know on how to ship...at the moment they are 3 weeks old the fry and looks like I will be doing a few culls
as I am not happy with some of their dorsal fins.. so that may leave between 5-10 good ones if im lucky .....thats why I want to wait for the next batch after I deworm the parents..

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
no worries mate thats cool but it's a fact any good discus breeder must cull fish as we all get some deformed ones and they need not go into the world and be spawned from hahahaha.
any time you want info pm me and i will send my home number to ya and help ya out any way i can with info on shipping wise.
talk soon and well done again how much for the pair of FOTU LOL hahahaha

Dee
Tue May 15, 2007, 12:07 PM
no worries mate thats cool but it's a fact any good discus breeder must cull fish as we all get some deformed ones and they need not go into the world and be spawned from hahahaha.
any time you want info pm me and i will send my home number to ya and help ya out any way i can with info on shipping wise.
talk soon and well done again how much for the pair of FOTU LOL hahahaha

G'day DL01,

U got any pics of the masses of discus u breed mate, would love to see what strains and the qaulity u have been breeding ?

Cheers,

Dee.

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 01:34 PM
look in album i have pics of discus there i have babies coming along and when they are old enough to get good pics i will add them into album as well but pics of pairs or adults i own are what ya see in there.

Dee
Tue May 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
Cheers DL01 :)

Can only see pics of pairs with eggs, no free swimmers or juvies :ug

Dee.

discus lover01
Tue May 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
i dont take pics of the babies until you can see them properly or until they are almost ready for sale but i will try post some pics of some free swimming ones today when i take some pics they are about 20 days old and more on poles of other pairs and eggs on others as i stated i am jusr starting again to breed discus and it takes a few months to get babies going from all pairs you have but i will post some pics today if i get time

Dee
Wed May 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
i dont take pics of the babies until you can see them properly or until they are almost ready for sale but i will try post some pics of some free swimming ones today when i take some pics they are about 20 days old and more on poles of other pairs and eggs on others as i stated i am jusr starting again to breed discus and it takes a few months to get babies going from all pairs you have but i will post some pics today if i get time

Cheers DL01,

Yeah I'm aware of the time frames involved with breeding and raising discus, was just intrested is all mate.

Dee.

discus lover01
Wed May 16, 2007, 11:49 AM
yeah thats ok i wasnt sure if i had explained self properly and people thought i had fry on all these fish or from all this fish which i havent i have the breeding pairs and they are spawning some have eggs some have wriggglers some have eggs at present stage.
sorry didnt mean to come accross arrogant and apologise if i did that

discus lover01
Wed May 16, 2007, 06:40 PM
another pic of golden anaconda fry if you want more pics go to my album thanks

scott bowler
Thu May 17, 2007, 08:07 AM
looking good Brett well done mate