PDA

View Full Version : Epsom salt and Octozin?

fiftycal
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 08:39 AM
Can these be used at the same time?

Epsom salt dosed at 1tsp per 10gallons, and Octozin at normal dosage.

scott bowler
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
fifty just to be on the safe side i wouldnt ,i do know that it can be used on salt water fish though so im not shore mate

fiftycal
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 10:11 AM
This is to treat a bloated discus.

I'm hoping the epsom salts will clear the bloating. If it doesnt by next wednesday, ill do an 80% wc and treat with octozin. If its safe to use octozin with epsom salts, I'll start the dosing tonight.

fishgeek
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 12:13 PM
what is in octozin?

cant see that magnesium salts would be harmful with many medications

andrew

fiftycal
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 12:26 PM
Waterlife Octozin

samir
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
dunno Andrew, some say its metro, the bottle says nothing . on the website it claims to treat flagellated protozoa. it works but flagyl tablets work much better. do flagellates cause bloating ???

fishgeek
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
if waterlife listed there ingredients you might even find that there is already salt(of some form) in the bottle

try asking the question directly of them, about the use of epsom and octozin together , they are usually helpful except for when you ask exactly what is in the bottle

andrew

fiftycal
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 06:59 AM
I emailed waterlife this morning, but since its it jolly olde england, I dont expect a reply until tonight.

fiftycal
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 03:41 PM
Dear Pete,
It is safe to use Octozin and Epsom salts at the same time at the dosage you suggest.
Regards,
WATERLIFE.

Dosing starts tomorrow!

fishgeek
Fri Apr 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
see helpful and secretive

yeas flagellates can cause bloating , i think they may be implicated in malawi bloat even
most organsims that cause irritation to the gut can cause hypermotility/inflammation -> mucous production/altered bacterial digestion-> fermentation

any of those