PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Discus Red Spotted Greens & Red Turks

ILLUSN
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 06:31 AM
G'day All,
finally starting my new fish room and after stock, i'm after 3 or 4 Red spotted greens, or red turks.

size not important, happy with any fish 2 inches and up. Willing to pay a fair price (+extra for pairs) so long as...

1) Fish have good shape
2) Fish have good red eyes
2) fish have correct markings (juvis starting to show color, nice vertical stress bars, etc)

interstate not a problem so long as fish not shipped till 23/5/07 (after my honeymoon :D :D :D )

Thanks heaps
Jothy

ILLUSN
Tue May 01, 2007, 04:48 AM
*BUMP*
still looking would prefer Red Spotted Greens willing to pay good price.
someones gotta have some or know some one who does :D

discus lover01
Tue May 01, 2007, 04:55 AM
there hard to find good luck finding them and finding ones that have spots is hard

discus lover01
Tue May 01, 2007, 04:56 AM
PS will have golden anaconda babies ready in about 8-10weeks time and they have red spots all over there bodies look in album at pics of parents.

ILLUSN
Tue May 01, 2007, 05:21 AM
hi discus lover01, they're a very old strain that arn't very popular anymore (I believe they look more like wild types then red turks :P ) and they arnt that spotty, i think they look more like red turk on a green base, with very dark stress lines and a black halo heres a pic of a fish almost identical to mine (sorry about the poor photo). anacondas are a great fish, just setting up a green tank at the moment.

btw, that 2228 you sold me a while back is going great, thanks again

ILLUSN
Tue May 01, 2007, 05:26 AM
a photo of my actuall fish (when she's not stresed) thanks again Tao

samir
Tue May 01, 2007, 05:57 AM
do you mean something like this ???

discus lover01
Tue May 01, 2007, 05:57 AM
yeah they are a nice fish i am trying to arrange a wild shipment this year maybe can find some tef's greens in there but wilds dont come in until about sept but nice fish all the same mate and glad 2228 is going well

discus lover01
Tue May 01, 2007, 05:59 AM
nice fish smair great looking ones

ILLUSN
Tue May 01, 2007, 06:50 AM
Nice fish samir. great vertical lines good shape, any chance of a shot of the forhead? those fish are a far superior grade to Spot (my RSG), i kinda prefer the more sirated marking (esp on the forhead), but love the color, care to share your source?

discus lover01 if you can get wild Tef's i'd be VERY INTERESTED :!: :!: :!: , PM me nearer to the date, september's just a month after my Bday too so convincing the wife to let me spend up shouldn't be too hard :P

fiftycal
Tue May 01, 2007, 07:25 AM
ILLUSN, give fishrock a call.

My dad bought me 2 RSG's from there for $55 each or so a few months back.

ILLUSN
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:26 PM
thanks fiftycal your a legand

samir
Tue May 01, 2007, 01:38 PM
care to share your source?

mine are from here http://www.chaidiscus.com.sg/

Ben75
Wed May 02, 2007, 02:45 AM
Hi ILLUSN,
A mate of mine on here Squid, has some red spotted greens & wild blues
give a pm or email. He was saying a few months back to me that he had a few batches of 150 in each going.
Regards,
Ben.

ILLUSN
Wed May 02, 2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks ben will get in touch with him.