PDA

View Full Version : my new fish

fish_r
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 05:27 AM
hi
not long got back from getting a new fish.
it's a large female that was a bit of an impulse buy, but i'm very excited about getting it :)
i couldnt quarrantine it as iv'e got no space so hope all goes well...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Heckle2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Heckle.jpg

DiscusEden
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 06:10 AM
Nice work!

Look what you did!

fish_r
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 06:29 AM
thx DE :)
i think she's a pretty thing :)

DiscusEden
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 07:04 AM
I think you're right!

And I love the ring in the fins!

helenuk
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 07:27 AM
Awwwwwww she is lovely :wink: I love the expression on her face :wink:

DiscusEden
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 07:28 AM
Is she wrinkly, or is that the pattern?

scuba123cliff
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 07:46 AM
Very nice were on earth did you find a fish like that in adelaide was it at your lfs or from a breeder.Is it a heckel cross i have seen a fish like this but it was with a male and was only sold as a pair.
well done
cliff

scott bowler
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 08:07 AM
well done Rob good buy mate that fish has a very good shape , as cliff said does it display the stress line al the time or is it just it back in a new tank. the fifth bar looks pritty deep as i said mate good find

fish_r
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 09:31 AM
thx guys :)
no she's not wrinckley DE, just my bad camera work i think :(
i took the pic about an hr or two after it got put in the tank so the stress bars were all showing form the transfer, but now it has been in for a few hrs the bars have lightened a fair bit, it has a prominent thick bar on one side of the fish and 2 prominent thick bars on the other side. i will take another pic in a day or two and show what it looks like then :) the fish is just over 5 inch from head to tail and pretty stocky :)

scuba : yep it's a heckle cross and apparently throws heckle cross looking babies.
uv'e probably seen it as it was part of a pair from a shop @ on Brighton Rd. but the owner broke the pair up for me and gave me a great price too imo
$200, i was stoked :) and he tells me it is female, but to be honest it doesnt really bother me if it is actually a male. but i dont think they would lie to me as they are really nice people :)

scuba123cliff
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
Lucky you i drooled over that fish for a while but could not spend the money on the pair he told me it was a female and it has spawned in the shop once again well done its a lovly fish.
Cliff

DiscusEden
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry fish_r - didn't mean to cast aspersions - she is lovely, and at that size - or any size with that shape - she's just lovely and you got an absolute bargain!

Congratulations!

fish_r
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
he offered me the pair for $400 Cliff, but i just didnt have the room :( i dont really have room for this really lol but i couldnt resist getting her when he said he would split em up :) they have lots and lots of babies in a few different tanks now :)

nah no problems DE just saying what u thought i saw :)
she's getting on real well with the other fish too :) "so far"
thx for the feedback guys...

fish_r
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 02:01 AM
the stress bars are starting to fade
this is a pic today
and she also ate today too :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Heckle3.jpg

Bald_noggin
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 02:51 AM
That is one, hell (where satan resides), of a beautiful fish you've got there fish_r!

I'm jelous :cry:

fish_r
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
thx BN :)
as u can probably tell i was stoked to get it :)

DiscusEden
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 01:05 PM
She's beautiful! Looking just stunning now! Well done!

fish_r
Thu Apr 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
thx DE :)
hmmm my male spotted snakeskin is showing a fair bit of interest in her already. think id'e like to get a male brown discus and maybe have a go at breeding later, or maybe a heckle ?