PDA

View Full Version : my peppermints from DE and Extreme :)

fish_r
Sat Apr 21, 2007, 03:48 PM
just managed to get some kind of a pic of one of my peppermints from DE and Extreme :) "not easy to get pics of"
got em as 2-3cm now about 4-5cm and looking great, very happy with em :)

scott bowler
Sat Apr 21, 2007, 04:25 PM
fish_r it looks awesome mate i have some from them too they are great little guys , like you said when they come out hehe

DiscusEden
Sun Apr 22, 2007, 02:35 AM
They're looking beautiful fish_r! Well done!

fish_r
Sun Apr 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
thx guys :) shy little buggers though, sorry i couldnt get better pics, but i was excited to get them pics lol

G_TAMMA
Tue Jun 26, 2007, 12:50 PM
Hey nice pics,

Just wondering how fast these guys grow? Im getting 25 @ 3cm for a bargin price and wondering how long it will take to grow them out to about 6-7cm.

Also do Albino's grow at the same rate? getting 40 odd of those as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

fish_r
Tue Jun 26, 2007, 05:16 PM
not really sure on growth rates, but mine seem to grow pretty slow, but saying that i probably dont feed mine the best, they just get the leftovers from my other fish and wafers once or twice a week. u can also feed zuchini etc, but i'm too lazy. they also seem to grow slower than my normal and albino bn's, think i was told peppermints are about 18mths till they get to breeding size ?

Merrilyn
Fri Jun 29, 2007, 07:45 AM
You're right fish-r. Eighteen months to 2 years before they reach breeding age, and they need lots and lots of logs to hide in if you want them to breed.

I feed mine zucchini and uncooked spinach leaves, which they love, as well as spirulina pellets. Growth rate is slow but steady.

Unfortunately as they mature, they lose that gorgeous white stripe on the dorsal and caudal fin, so they just become a black fish with small white spots. Still an attractive fish, but not as striking as the juveniles.

samir
Fri Jun 29, 2007, 09:43 AM
Y
Unfortunately as they mature, they lose that gorgeous white stripe on the dorsal and caudal fin, so they just become a black fish with small white spots. Still an attractive fish, but not as striking as the juveniles.

ah thanks for that Mez :P I was wondering what happened to the white stripe. mine have been moved to their new home in the sump.

fish_r
Fri Jun 29, 2007, 02:19 PM
i saw the breeding pair that i got the last lot of juvi's off and yep they dont look nothing like the juvi's but still look better than standard Bn's and worth a lot more too
:)

Namn8r
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 09:09 AM
Any one in Adelaide got a spare female? I have spare male of about 9cm?