PDA

View Full Version : how often do you worm your disucs

axl
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 04:28 AM
Hi,
how often should you worm your disucs.??? Do most people use prazi to worm and Big L. Whats your routine that u use. Cheers Axl

scott bowler
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 08:23 AM
hi Axl i do mine evry 3 to 4 months or when there is new fish been put in , i use octozin to worm , always have and havent had to may problems , i move all my fish in to a 4ft tank and treat them all at once , trying to save money hehe

axl
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
thanks for the info, what does sort of worms does octozin treat. Would aquamaster fluke and tapeworm do the same job. I think i may have aquamaster in the cupboard.

scott bowler
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 10:06 AM
i use it as a all round wormer , im not shore if aquamaster will do the same job sorry , i only go on things that i do or use , there may be other people on here that use other things good luck axl with it mate

axl
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
i see the rate for octozin is 1 tablet per 22.5ltrs. Do you pre mix the tablets in water and crush them and then add to tank or how do you do it. Do you also treat again 3 days???

scott bowler
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
yeah mate that why i put them in a smaller tank and yes treat them for 3 days and i just add the tables to the water you can crush but i just chuck them in mate

samir
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 10:17 AM
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FA091
this link should help clear up the worm issue. prazi will only work for tapeworms and gill flukes, and octozin is for intestinal flagellates, neither will treat nematodes like roundworms or callamanus.

the levimasole dose in food is 4 gm per kg fed once a week for 3 weeks.

axl
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
sorry for being so dumb, but could you explain the levimasole thing on how you got about treating your discus with it.

scott bowler
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
thats a great link Samir that will help heaps hehe thanks

Kingkat
Fri Apr 20, 2007, 11:00 AM
Thats a great link Samir.

Pauluk
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 08:28 AM
Octazin isnt that great, I assume you are in the uk?
The best treatment available to worm discus is flubenol 15, its far more effective than octazin and doesnt knock the filter as octazin can. Also, if you are in the uk, prazi and levamisole are illegal....

helenuk
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 07:05 AM
Hi PaulUK are you me old chum that was called PaulDiscus?
As for the wormer i normally get mine from Chris at Plymouth discus. Its called wormer Plus but most people on here won't be able to get that as most are in Australia :wink:

Pauluk
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hi PaulUK are you me old chum that was called PaulDiscus?
As for the wormer i normally get mine from Chris at Plymouth discus. Its called wormer Plus but most people on here won't be able to get that as most are in Australia :wink:

Wrong Paul ;)

Depends where you buy it, some people export it to private individuals in Australia ;)

helenuk
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 08:14 PM
Nice to meet you anyway PaulUK :wink:

axl
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 11:55 PM
im an aussie guys.

helenuk
Wed Apr 25, 2007, 07:25 AM
:lol: LOL axl someone did inform of this fact since we do have a horsham here in England :wink: