PDA

View Full Version : My female laid eggs, but male not interested.

discusprinllo
Sat Apr 14, 2007, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,
My female red discus laid eggs on Tuesday, her mate was not interested, he wouldn't help with cleaning the slate or fertilizing the eggs. They were displaying to each other all the time, but as soon as she laid her eggs he kept away from her. I don't know what to do, someone please help me as I would love to breed my beutiful fish.

scott bowler
Sat Apr 14, 2007, 11:53 PM
discusprinllo
the other fish may be a female , or just a lazy male ,did you buy them are a breeding pair?
there isnt much you can do ifa fish isnt intrested in breeding with another , good luck with it scott

the german
Sun Apr 15, 2007, 03:43 AM
can be also too young or the water parameter are not right,i have one male who only fertilize at ph6.0-6.5 over or under and he dont do it :?

discusprinllo
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 01:25 PM
Hi Guys thanks for your advice, my water quality is good, I'm fairly sure it's not that, I bought them about 9 months ago, so it could be that their a bit young, they are both about the same size and I bought them at different shops. I have placed a larger discus in with them, and he/she is chasing the one that wouldn't spawn, I hope it's not a female.