PDA

View Full Version : Albino What?

ivo
Thu Apr 12, 2007, 01:10 PM
I lent my good camera to mum to overseas so using my old 3 megapixel camera and the pictures really dont do the fish justice. I wonder what strain is this albino it has nice light orange body colour and beautiful light blue ring around the fin. My guess is it is some sort of albino alenquer. What are your oppinion? Thanks.

turbo56k
Thu Apr 12, 2007, 11:10 PM
I think that's a Snake Skin, a nice round SS. Is that yours? if so where did you get that from? :lol:

ivo
Fri Apr 13, 2007, 01:38 AM
hi there, no it is not a snakeskin. i bought it from a non sponsor LFS so i can't name it here, sorry.

scott bowler
Sun Apr 15, 2007, 05:22 AM
ivo can you take some more pics so we can have a closer look at this guy hehe he looks very nice has good shape and the colour looks good ,

helenuk
Sun Apr 15, 2007, 03:58 PM
I think it is more a snakeskin myself :wink: Its sure is a beauty :wink:

helenuk
Mon Apr 16, 2007, 07:24 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of two of my discus see if you can make your mind up from them. The first is the snakeskin the second is the alenquer. I would say yours is a snakeskin looking at these two :wink:

Snakeskin
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/tessa38uk/discus/100_1830.jpg

alenquer
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/tessa38uk/discus/100_1819_800x600.jpg

ivo
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
Scott, when my mum return and i get back my good camera i will then take some more pictures. I cant help myself and bought a male one today and they seem to pair up already. My local LFS loves me because i have reached to max. capacity of both tanks so when i buy new discus then i will have to give them some of my old discus.

Helen, i can see why you think it is a snakeskin but i am not convince that it is tho (i have nothing against snakeskin i have an albino snakeskin as well). i like yr snakeskin very different look it is like a wild caught snakeskin look.

scott bowler
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 10:36 AM
cool thanks mate would love to see more pics and you are as bad as me MORE fish hehe well done

helenuk
Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:07 PM
What ever he turns out to be he sure is a smashing Discus :wink: