PDA

View Full Version : looking for wild Discus for sale...!!

benkk
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 08:37 AM
Hi, i am looking for some Wild Discsu at the moment.
jsut wonder, does anyone have any Wild Discusu that want to sell in Sydney area ?

Thanks very much

Squid
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 09:18 AM
Best deal mate is too go through a LFS who deals through Bayfish in QLD. Absolutly outstanding fishes although its not really wild discus time of the year. Around Sep is usually good. They have at the moment only Heckel discus - all good quality.

I have a heap of F1 RSG Tefes - but most are accounted for I'm afraid (ALL 300 OF THEM!!) Anyway -hope this helps

Squid

benkk
Mon Apr 09, 2007, 09:38 AM
thank you so much... do u have any idea that i might be able to contact them ??

thanks for the help..!!!

Benkk

xzbit
Tue Apr 10, 2007, 11:55 AM
Try www.bayfish.com.au

the german
Tue Apr 10, 2007, 12:14 PM
bayfish?i think they are wholesale only

discus lover01
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 12:01 AM
yes bayfish are wholesale only they dont deal with selling to the public only shops

ILLUSN
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 02:41 AM
Squid
any chance of a photo or you RSG Tefes, parents and young :D

ILLUSN
Tue Apr 24, 2007, 03:39 AM
Squid
any chance of a photo or you RSG Tefes, parents and young :D

Squid
Sat May 19, 2007, 11:08 PM
Sorry I took so long - I've been down in Vic since 22 Apr with no internet. Anyway - here is a photo or 2 of the RSG's and their fry. Some of the babies in the photos are being surrogately raised. Wilds are pretty good at doing that. One pair spawns and I get another to raise them. Anyway - I'll be back in July and I have about 50 fry left for sale

Squid

Robdog
Sun May 20, 2007, 07:40 AM
Where the heck is Narangba in QLD?

Dave001
Sun May 20, 2007, 07:59 AM
Where the heck is Narangba in QLD?

About 45 kms north of Brisbane.

*Chris*
Sun May 20, 2007, 10:31 AM
any aquarium outlet that deals with bay should be willing to order wild discus in for you they are a regular item on wholesalers lists especially bay.
if you were in melbourne id direct you towards subscape which currently has wild heckels at a reasonable priceand they eat anything that is put in front of them including flake

scott bowler
Sun May 20, 2007, 11:23 AM
yeah as chris said benkk give wayne at xtreme a call and see what he can do for you mate

jacksta
Tue May 22, 2007, 08:39 AM
Hi, Squid i'll be interested in your fry,how much are you looknig for?Also are the fish in Melbourne now?

Cheers,Jack

ILLUSN
Tue May 22, 2007, 02:47 PM
Hi squid, thanks for the reply, that exactly what I'm looking for the markings and colourings are a perfect match for my female. when your ready I'd be interested in 5 juvi's just let me know when your ready.

Squid
Sat Jun 02, 2007, 12:57 AM
Looking at abot $50 each for 10cm fish. I dont usually sell them until they start colouring up so I can grade them. You can get some smaller ones if you want, but only about 20% will colour up to 'royal' green colouration. These fish are located in Toowoomba in QLD

Back home in July (currently at Sunny Seymour in Vic). I'll still keep watching this site though. In Melbourne on a buying spree this long weekend.

Squid

ILLUSN
Sat Jun 02, 2007, 01:06 AM
Mate, your spot on about the color, thats whu i asked for photos of mum and dad :D I'm happy to wait till July, will let me finish off a few things in the fish room. would you be able to ship from QLD to syd? those fish are EXACTLY what i've been looking for, hard to get good green RSG's.

Squid
Sat Jun 02, 2007, 01:10 AM
I often go to Sydney to train with a martial arts dude down there - they do travel well in the car - or else I can fly them. If you're up Brissy way - you're quite welcome to come over to Toowoomba and hand pick a few. Anyway - signing off until July

Squid

benkk
Sat Jun 02, 2007, 01:47 AM
hi Squid...

will i be able to buy 2 juvi's from you around July ?? (maybe 1 male and 1 female)

i am locate in Sydney and i can pick those Discus up when you come to Sydney for your martial arts training..!

Thanks

discus lover01
Sun Jun 03, 2007, 07:50 PM
interested in a heap of wilds in next week or 2 if you have any left thanks

discus lover01
Sun Jun 03, 2007, 07:52 PM
would be looking at maybe 10 to 12 and ifyou can fly them to SA.and happy to wait till july
thanks
mate

gypsy3
Sat Jun 30, 2007, 05:05 AM
hi squid....i may be too late...but if you have any left i'd love to get 4...or maybe we could arrange for you to keep me in mind for next time

gypsy3
Sat Jun 30, 2007, 10:06 AM
hi squid....i'm joining the queue if you have any left...would like to buy 4 if i can

Squid
Sat Jun 30, 2007, 11:29 PM
They didn't grow as fast as I would have liked - poor water quality when I was down south. Anyway - I want to keep them a little longer just to see them colour up. I dont sell all of them as I cull the poorer ones - only the Alpha colours go out - otherwise we'll see more crap fish in the future, just like we are seeing now. I'll keep you all informed. I would rather send them in the warmer months anyway. Talk to you all when I get them up and ready. i'll post photos soon

Squid

gypsy3
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 06:43 AM
thanks squid....don't forget to keep in mind :wink:

ILLUSN
Sun Jul 01, 2007, 12:06 PM
No worries mate, cant wait to see the pics

benkk
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 01:29 PM
HI Squid....

just wonder are you still selling these F1 RSG Tefes ??

Squid
Sat Sep 15, 2007, 07:06 AM
Benkk - none for sale this year. I'm keeping the fry to get some Alpha (Royal) adults. Will see how they turn out before I sell them - about 6 months or so.

Squid

tiktaalik
Wed Oct 17, 2007, 04:46 AM
Will see how they turn out before I sell them - about 6 months or so.

Squid

Hi Squid,

Could you add me to that already enormous list, please? Tefes are a favourite but I'm interested in any wild types you're producing, inc heckels.

Cheers,
Ralph