PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong???please help

Andy123
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 03:18 AM
hey
i hav had a discus for about 2 years and it has been goin well...until about 2weeks ago. he has become really shy. he used t eat out of my hand and now he hides up behind the powerhead all the time and doesnt come out to eat unless the lights are off and i am not near the tank. his favourite food is tetra colour bits and i feed him once a day(morning)with this and either brine shrimp or bloodworms at night. with the ocasional live bs or bloodworms. last week i went to see the lfs and said that he had been acting weirdly and that he was breathing weirdly. he had been breathing heavily and a white/transparent thing has been comming out of the gills...the lfs said it was gill fluke so i bought the medication for it. i treated it right away and then a week after and no change so far. and then last night he had 3 little lumps on his side that were a whitish pink colour. and this morning they were still there but a little bit smaller---but still there. i have no idea what this is and what is happening--for either-the gills and the lumps. checked the water today and water was:
ammonia-0ppm
nitrate-0ppm
nitrite-0ppm
ph-6.4
what could be happening.please help me out.
fishkid
ps the tank is planted and been cycled for over a year-unsure y there is no nitrite or nitrates?
fish in signiture.

scott bowler
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 03:30 AM
Andy what was it that you used to treat the gill fluke mate ? how offten do you do water changes and how big? the little lumps on the side of his head sound like a bactira infection that some fish get it could be the start of things like hole in the head , but probily not but that is some times how it starts , i would use some salt for a few days and see how they clear up there is doses for it on this site . as for the gills has your fish been rubbing its gills up on things or flicking aganst things ? if the gill is come ing out of the gill plate then there is some thing that is irretateing it . get back to us scott

Andy123
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 04:30 AM
hey thanx foir reply
i clean the tank m1 a week and 25% of it. he is not rubbing up against anything that i no of. the little lumps arent on the head they are on his sides near the ventrical fin about half along it and near the botom but on the body. i treated him with worm-rid for gill fluke and tapeworm worming.
please reply
thanx
andy

the german
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 04:39 AM
can you send a pic of this lumps?
sounds like nitrate lumps but you say your readings are 0.
some fish get them some not,after a water change they go away fast.

michael

Andy123
Sun Apr 08, 2007, 10:39 AM
here is a pic...sorry none of the gills yet i will get them to u soon...the lumps have now gone off the discus but you can kinda see it in the pics(the little white strip on his side) sorry the pics arent too good because the discus was hiding in the corner all day pretty much...in the pics the lumps appear more like a strip but they were lumps really close together so that is why.
[/img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/fishkid951/P4050301.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/fishkid951/P4050300.jpg[img]
thanx all---
andy

the german
Sun Apr 08, 2007, 10:48 AM
nitrate lumps are normaly smaler,when they go away?after a water change?
and you sayed you have all readings 0,so maybe you try another test set.