PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Regulator adapter

fiftycal
Fri Mar 30, 2007, 12:21 PM
Where do you go to find an adaptor to allow me to fit my solenoid directly onto the regulator?

The regulator thread is 1/4inch, while the solenoid thread is 1/8 inch. I know exactly what the adapter is like, I just dont know where to find one.

I tried a homebrew shop, and they didnt have any, since they use the standard 6mm barb for their purposes.

I dont think bunnings will have this, since Ive been damn near everywhere in Bunnings Dural and dont remember seeing anything like it. Ill go again though to make sure.

I doubt welding shops would carry it, since I dont see a reason why any welder would use one.

Where did everyone get theirs?

ILLUSN
Fri Mar 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
mate try www.swagelok.com.au they got adapters for EVERYTHING. they are the only ones who had adapters for my reg, Sydney office is in Kingsgrove.

fish_r
Fri Mar 30, 2007, 02:11 PM
do u have a blackwoods near u ?
http://www.blackwoods.com.au/indexbw.asp
they sell lots of different kinds of bushes/adaptors/ solenoid parts etc...

fiftycal
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 12:31 AM
Cheers fellas.

Theres a blackwoods about 30mins from me. Ill give it a shot during the week. Ill check the bunnings near me tomorrow but I seriously doubt they have it

fiftycal
Fri May 18, 2007, 06:41 AM
I went all the way to swagelok today and they had no adapter for my regulator!

The guy showed me the sizes and my regulator is between 1/4 and 1/8 inch, and they have nothing that size.

I might just have to squeeze the 4mm CO2 tubing onto the 6mm barb and hope for the best

fiftycal
Fri May 18, 2007, 07:02 AM
OK now I have a few options:

1) Squeeze the CO2 tubing onto the barb and use a clamp from the local homebrew shop to try and give it the best seal as possible

2) Buy a Tunze Regulator and keep my current Harris regulator for later homebrew and sell my Red Sea needle valve on Ebay or classifieds

3) Buy the Red Sea CO2 kit and keep my Harris reg for homebrew and sell my Red Sea needle valve as well as the diffuser and check valve on ebay or classifieds.

Currently 1 is the easiest and cheapest option but it is the least guarenteed.

What do you guys think?

ILLUSN
Tue May 22, 2007, 01:51 PM
I'd try 1 cause I'm cheep, if your using good co2 line it should stay on. where are you located? I've got some good CO2 tubing spare that should fit a 6mm if you want to give it a try

fiftycal
Tue May 22, 2007, 02:43 PM
I ended up getting a Tunze regulator, which the solenoid screws onto perfectly. I think ill use my Red Sea needle valve, since the supplied needle valve feels pretty dodgy.

I'm keeping the other reg for hombrew, which I should be setting up in about 3 months or so.

Cheers for the offer! Later on if we have any DF.com get togethers I can bring the beer!