PDA

View Full Version : red lump on peppermints head ?

fish_r
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
one of my peppermints has had a red lump on the top of the head for about 2 weeks now, i was hoping it was an injury and would heal, but it doesnt seem to be getting any better :( i have taken it out of the community tank and put it a plastic container filled with tank water till i find out what it is ? if i do daily water changes will it be ok in the container if i do this ?
can some please advise what to do ? as i'm not very good with meds/diseases etc.
the only meds i do have is Octozin and protozin are any of these any good to use or can anyone mention what i can try to fix it ? or should i just cull it ?
thx in advance...
Rob...

stonedavid
Sat Mar 24, 2007, 05:43 AM
Cld possibly be a cyst, quite common in goldfish, never did seem to hurt the fish, but always better to be safe than sorry and try and get some info on it. Unsure if meds wld be benificial in reducing it or u may have to see what an experienced fish vet can advise.
All the best with it
Pete

fish_r
Sat Mar 24, 2007, 07:31 AM
thx for the reply
have since had a reply from someone on another forum that has had similar on his BN's and i was advised to try melafix, so in the process of doing that in a hospital tank.
also feeding thera A at the same time as i was told this will help too.
thx again
Rob...

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 27, 2007, 02:12 AM
Have you got an update on this little guy.

Did the melafix help?

fish_r
Tue Mar 27, 2007, 08:55 AM
it's on the 4th day of a 7 day treatment and a bit hard to see, but i think it is starting to get smaller :) will update u on day 7 and hope it will have gone down or disapeared.

treating fish scares me as i'm not too confident using meds and the last 2 times i used meds on my discus i have lost fish and one was a favorite :(
so hope all goes well...