PDA

View Full Version : New Pet

Ben
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 10:26 AM
Bought home a breeding pair of these wonderful green tree frogs.
They are just soooooo cute!

I could only get a pic of the female as the male was hiding during the photo shoot. :D

Kingkat
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
Ben, I have heaps of them here at home. I saw one eating a micobat once!!
Cheers,
David.

Dee
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
LOL ... wow Benny, those frogs are cool !!! I'm sure Olive will love them ... your turning into a regular Gumbiya Park out your way hehe ... Very nice !

Cheers,

Dee :)

nicholas76
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
food for the snake? LOL

love those frogs mate , brings back memories of me in cairns playing with those green frogs hanging off the back fence to the house

taksan
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
Ummmmm ....... :roll:
This has got to stop !

DiscusMad
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
we use to find them at school in the summer in the toilet
we called them bog frogs back then

Ben
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 10:43 PM
I lived in Noosa for a few years and we used to get the odd one around the porch lights eating insects. Now i have a lincence i can get all these cool little animals and critters! Next on the list is Dunarts!

nicholas76
Fri Mar 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
ok I'll bite

whats a dunart?

a fancy rat? http://www.westernwildlife.com.au/western/mammals/dolichura.htm

Ben
Sat Mar 24, 2007, 12:43 AM
LOL thats the one!

more of a fancy mouse!

nicholas76
Sat Mar 24, 2007, 12:48 AM
You setting up an Australia Zoo melbourne franchise Ben?

*Chris*
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
bunarts at burwood pets ben 100 a pair

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 10:16 AM
Ummmmm ....... :roll:
This has got to stop !

Yep :roll:

Ben
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 11:33 AM
Chris how you doing mate?

got on thier website they are triple that.

http://www.burwoodpets.com.au/reptiles_and_amphibians.htm

Tunnel Rat
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 12:57 PM
Looks good Noah sorry I mean Ben.
I like the real fat obese ones that are feed to much they turn into little jabba's but no good for there health I know.

cya
Rat

Robdog
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
How do they breed Ben?

DiscusEden
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 02:57 PM
How do they breed Ben?

:?:

Umm, well, Robdog, when a Daddy dunart and a Mummy dunnart love each other very much.....

discusme
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
Very nice picture Ben. What camera do you use ?

Cheers,
Ronny

nicholas76
Mon Mar 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
The Green Tree Frog's natural distribution extends from the North-East corner of South Australia to throughout Queensland. This species is commonly seen in pet shops and has become a popular addition to many South Australian families. It has been found in pot plants at station homesteads along the banks of the Cooper Creek as well as structures such as letterboxes and toilet bowls.
The skin surface of the Green Tree Frog is smooth with large glands on the back of its head. The glands, if you look closely, are pitted with tiny pores. The fingers and toes have large discs and are webbed. The colour, as the frog's name suggests, is usually bright green, however, some individuals may change their colour to olive-brown. Some specimens have white spots on their back, sides and limbs. The back of the thighs varies from yellow to maroon and the iris (the eye) is a pale gold.

Size: Males 66-77mm; Females 60-110 mm.

Habitat: When not found in toilets, the Green Tree Frog may be observed on rocks and trees and on the ground near water.

Breeding: Eggs are layed in clumps of between 200 and 2000 and deposited in still water. Breeding occurs between November and February. Tadpoles are a mottled brown colour reaching lengths of 45 to 100 mm and complete development in about 6 weeks.

Advertisement call: A deep 'crawk' that is repeated continuously.

http://www.epa.sa.gov.au/frogcensus/caerul.html

Robdog
Tue Mar 27, 2007, 03:56 AM
How do they breed Ben?

:?:

Umm, well, Robdog, when a Daddy dunart and a Mummy dunnart love each other very much.....

:oops: Yep walked right into that one :roll: :lol:

Ben
Tue Mar 27, 2007, 08:50 AM
Ronny i use a Cannon 350D.