PDA

View Full Version : my new tank

scott bowler
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
well guys on the week end i picked up my new tank from xtreme and got started on setting it up. i will keep you all posted on how i go . im going for a planted natral tank this time . the tank is 6ft x 2ft x18" i have put the resun xtreme 2800uv filter on it .i have driftwood some rocks and the plant will go in soon . i have put a couse pebble base in in dark colours this may look good but i will just have to see how it goes. it is mixed with river sand but my still be a bit to couse . the tank is only half full of water at the moment . ill add more water later throw the week here are some pics , ill add as i go. sorry about the pics and the mess in the garage hehe

DiscusEden
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
:shock: It looks fantastic Scott! Well done! :D :D :D

Just one question - what's it doing in the garage? How can you bear to go inside the house?

Is this Mo's new home?

That's 3 questions, isn't it? Oops, four. :oops:

scott bowler
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 12:20 PM
ok, its in ther becouse that is the deal i had to make with the devil to get two more tanks hehehe
and i spend heaps of time in the garage i have 5 other tanks out there , it is my place to hide . you know my space lol, and no its not mos new home it is for the discus , mo is going in the house in the 5 ft in there . scott

fish_r
Tue Mar 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
wow m8 u just keep spending dont u :)
wish i had ur funds, keep us posted on how it's going.
and i think the gravel looks great :)

scott bowler
Sun Mar 25, 2007, 03:53 AM
ok cycled used some gravel from other tank and filter media from old filter. left running for a week at 2800 lph filter no uv . i have put the plants in and taken a few pics the fish will go in later tonight so ill get more pic then too..

the german
Sun Mar 25, 2007, 04:38 AM
looks good scott.
is the water a bit milky or is that the camera :D

scott bowler
Sun Mar 25, 2007, 04:44 AM
hi german the water is a bit milky just need to let it settle it may take afew hours or so but thank you for your comments

the german
Sun Mar 25, 2007, 04:53 AM
i think it will look awesome with fish

scott bowler
Sun Mar 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
ok fish time looks good

scott bowler
Thu Mar 29, 2007, 08:47 AM
just an update all clearand settled down

samir
Thu Mar 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
looking awesome Scott. Get rid of those bicycles, make the kids watch TV, theres space for two more tanks there :lol: :lol:

scott bowler
Thu Mar 29, 2007, 09:11 AM
thanks mate im working on that hehe ,more room the better lol

DiscusEden
Thu Mar 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
It looks highly impressive Scott!

I look at my tank, and I'm happy, then your pics & all I can think is "I need more fish. More fish now! One of those, one of those & 2 of those". Very jealous as always!

What are the browns?

Robdog
Thu Mar 29, 2007, 04:25 PM
Nice new tank you've got there Scott. They all look great in there together. Love the Alenquers too

scott bowler
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 12:33 PM
thanks rob it has been fun putting this one together trying to get the natural look , i think it came up good , ED i sew your tank it looks very nice i would love to have that drift wood you got , it would have been good it this tank hehe thanks all scott

fish_r
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 12:46 PM
looking great Scott, love ur fish :)

ILLUSN
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 01:15 PM
Nice work scott, any chance of a fish list some (ALL) of those discus are VERY impresive, also whats that red plant behind the branch? tiger lotus?, nymphea rubra?

scott bowler
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 11:18 PM
Nice work scott, any chance of a fish list some (ALL) of those discus are VERY impresive, also whats that red plant behind the branch? tiger lotus?, nymphea rubra?
thanks guys hi illusn its a tiger lotus ,i dont know how its going to go in there ,but ill what and see , thanks again guys

Roy
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 01:00 AM
Looks great Scott !
Love the selection of Discus, very jealous :D

Roy

Indigo D
Mon Apr 02, 2007, 09:27 AM
A great tank Scott. Do you use CO2 for the plant?
Love the Yellow Ogon Discus.

scott bowler
Mon Apr 02, 2007, 09:46 AM
thanks indigo no i dont run co2 just lights and lots of fish to keep the plants a live hehe